• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kenneth Cole

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you see as the main differences between Kenneth Cole Reaction and Kenneth Cole New York? Image (e,g. traditional vs.
confused.gif
trendy, traditional vs. edgy)? Price? Quality?

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The difference is:
KC main line=****
KC Reaction=**** with puke on it
Quality is not a word to be assigned to these shoes.

If you want to blend into the crowd of the duckbill wearing, sartorial ignorant masses, then they are perfect.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
For G-d's sake, DAFS.

vitaminc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lafont
What do you see as the main differences between Kenneth Cole Reaction and Kenneth Cole New York? Image (e,g. traditional vs.
confused.gif
trendy, traditional vs. edgy)? Price? Quality?

Both low quality, Kenneth Cole NY is trendy and KC Reaction is closer street wear and lower price point. Thankfully their shoe box can be recycled.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
KC Reaction : KC New York
is to
Douchebag : Douchebag with a dayjob

Lafont

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excuse me, kiddies, but my original query was a serious question and didn't warrant any filthy, immature responses about the company.
I am indeed sorry some of you don't care for Kenneth Cole products, and have bad experiences, but it is available in an awful lot of stores and and they seem to be quite popular for many years, and certainly not all at low prices (certainly not the KC NY) either, so KC must be doing something right and I'm sure much of their apparel works out for many buyers.
The soles in my new KC NY oxfords do seem to be wearing a tad more quickly than I had hoped, but I don't recall any particular problem with my last KC Reaction shoes so I tried the brand again, after a considerable search with a lot of criteria. In this case they were greatly reduced from a pretty high price - as most everything else at DSW is reduced.

datasupa

Reaction score
Excuse me, guys but my original query was a serious question

Serious response:
Originally Posted by JD_May
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=66676

Followup response:
Originally Posted by RJman
For G-d's sake, DAFS.

BTW, sorry to hear you lost your day job.
I don't recall any particular problem with my last KC Reaction shoes so I tried the brand again

Originally Posted by acidicboy
KC Reaction : KC New York
is to
Douchebag : Douchebag with a dayjob

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thread-I_like_where_this_thread_is_.jpg

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Excuse me, guys but my original query was a serious question and didn't warrant any filthy, immature responses about the company.
I am indeed sorry some of you don't care for Kenneth Cole products, and have bad experiences, but it is available in an awful lot of stores and and they seem to be quite popular for many years, and certainly not all at low prices (certainly not the KC NY) either, so KC must be doing something right and I'm sure much of their apparel works out for many buyers.
The soles in my new KC NY oxfords do seem to be wearing a tad more quickly than I had hoped, but I don't recall any particular problem with my last KC Reaction shoes so I tried the brand again, after a considerable search with a lot of criteria. In this case they were greatly reduced from a pretty high price - as most everything else at DSW is reduced.

I agree with everything you said. In addition, if you would do a side by side comparison, you'd see that KC are much better constructed, and use better leather than the brands often mentioned here (e.g., Allen Edmonds, Alden, Tramezza, C&J, Edward Green) and at a fraction of the price. Don't let their elitist attitiude get to you.

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
I agree with everything you said. In addition, if you would do a side by side comparison, you'd see that KC are much better constructed, and use better leather than the brands often mentioned here (e.g., Allen Edmonds, Alden, Tramezza, C&J, Edward Green) and at a fraction of the price. Don't let their elitist attitiude get to you.
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif
rotflmao.gif

iridium7777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69

i want what you're smoking.
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif
crackup[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads