• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kalra2411, marc39, kabbaz web site

banksmiranda

Reaction score
Below kalra2411's avatar it says that his status is "banned." What happened?

marc39 is still listed as a member. Someone said that he had been banned. So what's the deal - is he still a member?

Alex Kabbaz had said that he would have the new site up in the spring. Any news on when his revised web site will be up?

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for the kalra thing, see this. i never heard of marc being banned, i thought he still posted. Â i can't comment about mr. kabbaz's website...i have no idea.

banksmiranda

Reaction score
Marc hasn't posted here in a very long time. He still posts on Ask Andy. I'd be very interested to see Mr. Kabbaz's updated web site when it's ready. I know that he's busy with art-related activities in the summer. Hopefully he'll have the new site up when the summer's over.

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Marc 39 is banned. I believe J has a different procedure for doing it now.

emsny

Reaction score
Would it be indiscreet of me, as a new member, to ask why marc39 has been banned?

Alias

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would it be indiscreet of me, as a new member, to ask why marc39 has been banned?
He wouldn't stop exploding over the Internet, so he got the axe after numerous warnings.

brescd01

Reaction score
Are there shills on these forums? I am not talking about well-disclosed interests, for example Andrew Harrris' in his own on-line business, the presence of which on these forums I am grateful for, or Carl Goldberg's (Shirt Maven) in Cego, again, a fabulous resource. I mean posters who actually attempt to disguise their financial interest in a business. For example (and I know my post is tendentious), are there shills for Raphael tailor of NYC on the forums? That Raphael is a superb tailor is not mutually exlusive with this possibility.

I don't know is anyone remembers Fielding's Shopping Guide to Europe, but I used to love reading his guides just to read about the exclusive places he would recommend. He did eventually disclose that he had been paid to mention those boutiques, but they were in fact wonderful.

Oltmann

Reaction score
J Fold Wallets is known for "marketing" in this way. If you look in the "What are you wearing right now?" thread you will see a post from one of their shills.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Oltmann @ 11 Aug. 2004, 2:38) J Fold Wallets is known for "marketing" in this way. If you look in the "What are you wearing right now?" thread you will see a post from one of their shills.
What page, this I must see.
J Folds No big deal. Quite obviousely a shill and I dont think that this guy is trying to hide it. You can tell from the one time posters. JJF

Brian SD

Reaction score
I missed the original kalra / marc threads (good luck, I suppose), but I have this to say:

I hate to see bannings happen on a gentleman's board, but Kalra's massive detriment to our microcosm here far outweighs the minor help he ever offered. It is quite apparent that we have several very affluent posters, and none of them speak with the arrogance and sheer self righteousness of our best friend Kalra.

Things got way out of hand, you dropped the hammer, and I have never been happier. Kalra's last stand was a rollercoaster of laughs.

Styleman

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
No big deal. Quite obviousely a shill and I dont think that this guy is trying to hide it.

Very sad, I was expecting better.

On the Kalra issue, which I just caught before I joined, I think people over reacted, I think he knew it was funny, and a lot of people were getting worked up (nobody can be that crazy? Can they?). I personaly think that it was Mittal, because a lot of London's very wealthy people are indeed like that, that too there have been articles in The Sunday Times, and many other publications about Mittals arrogance, and how he differs from his father, and I think that the people who say that it cannot be him because Mittal is nice live is a dream world. I cannot see really why it may not be him, perhaps the chance is low, but then again if you were going to make someone up to be, Mittal would be a very pathetic choice, I mean how many billionaires are there, hundreds, why not chose a famous one. I think that whoever kalra2411 was, he was quite intelligent, and many times on this forum I saw people arguing with him, and they were cleary wrong, for one thing. But then again if he was serious, he was a bit of a psyco to get so worked up on a message board.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My last word on Kalra: if he was in fact Mittal, it is rather pathetic that he would choose to spend his time and effort being a clown on an internet forum.

It *would* be pretty funny if Mittal was interviewed, and he brought up his obsession with Dior Homme (not really a typical 50 something's line, if you ask me) and the fun he had on our little forum though.

emsny

Reaction score
Do you all really think that post with the wallet photos indicates a shill? To me it looked more like a sort of ironical joke, as the wallets were anything but stylish.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads