• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just launched

nvclothing

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just launched my new website, www.nvclothing.com , and thought I would make you all aware of it. I am adding new products every day so please check back if you don't see anything you like. I still have a lot of work to do but I would welcome any comments or suggestions as to how I can make my site better for you. thanks a lot and I hope I followed the rules of how not to spam the board. Oh, and if you sign up for my mailing list, I'll email you a coupon for 15% off your next purchase. Does 15% off excite people? I also offer free shipping on orders over $150. Sean

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice site! Just one comment... and I don't mean this in an insulting way whatsoever, but none of the models are very "model-like"... perhaps that was the intent though?

nvclothing

Reaction score
Ha, the models are actually my wife and I. Since we take all the pictures ourselves, we wanted to perfect the process before we brought in professional models. Maybe you're on to something though. Most people don't look like models so they might like seeing the clothes on "normal" people?? Maybe not? Either way, we'll have other people in the pics soon enough.

thanks for the feedback!

Sean

hughjoen

Reaction score
Nice site. works well. Very clean and to the point. Just curious, do you have B&M store and launch the site to compliment the store?

nvclothing

Reaction score
Yes, we have a b&m in Barrington, Illinois. For those of you unfamiliar to the area, it's about 45 mins northwest of chicago. We have one location and are in the middle of planning our second location. Our address is:

Cook Street Plaza
100 E Station Street
Barrington, IL 60010
847-381-3348

Please stop by if you're ever in the area!

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nvclothing
Ha, the models are actually my wife and I. Since we take all the pictures ourselves, we wanted to perfect the process before we brought in professional models. Maybe you're on to something though. Most people don't look like models so they might like seeing the clothes on "normal" people?? Maybe not? Either way, we'll have other people in the pics soon enough.
You guys look better than any Walmart employee! (I'm glad I waited for you to post this before appreciating your wife more specifically.
laugh.gif
) I think it's a cute touch, but you definitely need professional lighting.

Jared

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the pics are getting better as we go. This is one of the more recent products we did. What do you think? http://nvclothing.com/product.asp?lt...&pfid=NVC00303
I'd say the lighting could be a little more defused there, but the majority of your pics are pretty good - I suppose the really badly exposed ones were early tests? It looks like you've lost weight coincident with cutting your hair, so I'd certainly replace those pics.
smile.gif
A couple of your wife's poses are affected, if you're going to go with non-models they shouldn't pose as if they are models (and no one should pose like the Yoox guy); I can't decide whether this look is supposed to go with the theme of the shirt or not
wink.gif
:
NVC00238.jpg

nvclothing

Reaction score
you mean the lighting on the subject needs to be diffused more? If so, I am in the process of fixing that.

I didn't follow you on the yoox comment. What picture are you referring to?

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you've done a pretty darn good job considering you're just learning as you're going along. My critique would be similar to the others, the lighting is inconsistant, you have yellow backgrounds in some shots, while bright white in others. This can be corrected in photoshop to some degree. There are some shots where the white is blown out and while dark heavy shadows are typically bad in product shots, subtle ones are ok, especially when you have a person standing on a background to show weight. I think I would try to get the background as close to pure white as possible to blend in with the website background while still retaining a subtle shadow at the feet or the anchor point.

Consistant lighting can be done by being indoors and using a similar light setup whether its with 2 or 3 strobes with perhaps umbrellas, softboxes, or a reflector. Once you have the formula down it will be all good.

Design critique aside you have a nice selection of goods, good luck.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for following the rules. I haven't looked through the site much, but it looks pretty good. One thing - the multi-view thing didn't work too well for some reason until I loaded it into a new window. Also, it still says "Store Name" in the template for those windows.

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I didn't follow you on the yoox comment. What picture are you referring to?

flip through some of the listings at yoox.com and you'll see what really lousy modelling looks like... that website can make anything look tacky. Its a good thing their prices are so low.

metkirk

Reaction score
Too much brightness in the photos, you may want to dial down the light/strobe. You need more contrast, too. What is your studio set up?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy