• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Just launched

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
1)

Your wife is a doll! Don't let the guys teasing you about her get to you.
most of these guys would kill to be in your shoes! ;-)

2)

The last image is better, the first batch need a tweak in levels in photoshop, most likely pulling the dark side (normally the far left, but it may be reversed) in a touch to punch the contrast up.

The pix of the woman in red shows flare causing color shift. Move the light back towards 9 o'clock, no further ( towards 12) than 9 until you master that look.

There is a red tone in the faces. Soft boxes can cause color shifts. Take a gray shirt on your wife ashoot some test with a custom color balance and see if that brings you closer to a good neutral to start with.

If that does not work for you, every shoot, start by shooting a gray card, one frame.
Use that to correct you density and color, save the correction note, make an action to batch porcess the entire shoot through the automate process in the file menu. this will take pratice, once you have it nailed, it will save you hours over the next few years and the time spent will be well worth it.

Becareful about blowing out the whites as in the last sample picture.
Again test with a gray, get the exposure perfect, then change nothing and shoot a white but stop the lens down 1/3 2/3 1 stop. Compare on the computer, not on the ditcam's screen. You be better off closing down (most like 2/3) when ever there is a item that is white such as that dress. Do the same for jet black.

Most ditcam's red tones suck! test on things other than red until youget it nailed down.

Forgive any typos, I am rushing,
Good luck.
Z

nvclothing

Reaction score
1. Thanks!

2. I appreciate the feedback although not all of it makes sense yet. I'm sure it will as I gain exp.

I might try a different color background. It seems a colored one would be easier. What are your thoughts?

bart

Reaction score
I like the idea of modeling your own clothes. I agree the wife is a doll, too. Store looks good, I will add to my faves.

I was up in Elgin/Schaumburg/Chicagoa couple weeks ago. My 1st cousin is also a cop in Barrington. Maybe I will look the store up next time i am up there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics