• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

JBad28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am also 5’8 and I’ve embraced them but I don’t like how sloppy it looks. Especially on certain shoes. I’ve been critiqued about it on here (which I agree on) so I want to get it tailored to my height so it looks a lot cleaner. I was originally planning on just getting it hemmed to 32 but I feel like it will look a lot better to get it tailored to your build.

I feel that, have you tried just cuffing them a little bit, even just one cuff? Also what I found great about JE denim and stacking is that you can really set them how you want without them looking and getting sloppy.

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel that, have you tried just cuffing them a little bit, even just one cuff? Also what I found great about JE denim and stacking is that you can really set them how you want without them looking and getting sloppy.
I have cuffed them and I would say they looked good but I personally don’t like to cuff my pants majority of the time and only on certain pair of shoes.

JEstreet

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a Moncler vest and can comment on sizing? I wanna cop a vest (banker vest) that is a size 1 and I am unsure if I am a 1 or a 2. I tried on a Moncler jacket last year and 1 and 2 both fit. I unfortunately had to return the Moncler Dupres vest in a size 2 a couple years ago because it hung off of my back way too much, but idk if that was specific to that style.

Asking here because most of my clothing is JE and I am a size 1 in most things from JE. Feel like you guys would be good people to ask about this.

iamfudge

Reaction score
For all you 5’8” people or really anyone who’s around this height, do you embrace the Cast 2 original inseam or hem? If you hem, what do you hem to?

for me, I embrace the stacksssss

I'm 5'6", 5'7" on a good day. I used to embrace the stacks up until last month or so and then got all my jeans hemmed to 31". it's much better IMO as it doesn't look sloppy and make me look shorter. I even feel I should have gone to 30", but overall I'm liking the minimal stacks more and more these days. on the hemming note, I am picking up my jets and washed graphite today from the tailor so excited for that.

but to each their own. if you enjoy the stacks, rock them, if not, get them hemmed. either way, just own the fit.

rodgers12

Reaction score
I got a pair of the raw indigos, and I thought I looked like a clown w/o hemming them tbh

Trung Nguyen

Reaction score
JELL-MZ1_V1.jpg

How should I go with sizing on these?

JEstreet

Reaction score
I'm 5'6", 5'7" on a good day. I used to embrace the stacks up until last month or so and then got all my jeans hemmed to 31". it's much better IMO as it doesn't look sloppy and make me look shorter. I even feel I should have gone to 30", but overall I'm liking the minimal stacks more and more these days. on the hemming note, I am picking up my jets and washed graphite today from the tailor so excited for that.

but to each their own. if you enjoy the stacks, rock them, if not, get them hemmed. either way, just own the fit.

I did this to like half of me JE jeans and I like it much better. I'm probably gonna do it to the rest of them soon. I just wore a pair of sneakers and had my tailor hem them to what length looked good. JE denim doesn't stack well on me personally- if it did I'd probably keep some of them at the original length, because its a dope look.

nick227

Reaction score
Damn to add to this - I'm 5'8.5 and expected JE denim to be crazy stack wise when I first copped a pair, and intended to hem them. But once I got them in, they look completely fine IMO with length as is - especially with high tops or mid-cut shoes. With strict low tops, I.E. CPs, I usually give them a cuff up once - but if my pair is pretty fresh and not stretched, they look great. The only time I've noticed it looks sloppy is when I copped a pair in sz 31 instead of sz 30 - then the stacks looked messy because it kind of pooled at the bottom. I normally wear a 30x30 in pants.

sestyhype

Reaction score
I wear hats as often as I wear socks - what brands would you guys recommend? Kinda getting tired of rotating 3 dark colored dad/curved rim baseball hats.
more specifically with some uni tees and cast 2 jeans

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear hats as often as I wear socks - what brands would you guys recommend? Kinda getting tired of rotating 3 dark colored dad/curved rim baseball hats.
more specifically with some uni tees and cast 2 jeans

I have a rotation of fitted new era and ALD hats I regularly wear when dressing casually. A million colours to choose from to match any fit.

A few of my go-to hats...

Attachments

• 20191017_075739.jpg
    20191017_075739.jpg
    211.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads