• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

quickstruck

Reaction score
Pretty much my thought process. I have 5 white, black, grey uniqlo tees that i rotate... I can’t affors to spend $800+ on JE tees
JE blend tees spoiled me. Looking for viable cheaper replacements. Everlane cotton isn’t bad; gonna try UniformLA and Kotn.

htrannn

Reaction score
Does anyone know how JE deals with product damage with wear? I've had a pair of Coast 2 for about 10 months and the crotch is blowing out. There's a hole and you can see the stitching ready to come undone. They haven't even been worn that much because of the summer here and I'm pretty disappointed since these cost me like ~$400.

fdyla

Reaction score
Does anyone know how JE deals with product damage with wear? I've had a pair of Coast 2 for about 10 months and the crotch is blowing out. There's a hole and you can see the stitching ready to come undone. They haven't even been worn that much because of the summer here and I'm pretty disappointed since these cost me like ~$400.

In my experience, you're pretty much out of luck if you've had them for a while and it isn't a super obvious defect. When I had a tee develop a hole after 2 wears, I was told they couldn't do anything since and offered 10% off. This was a long time ago so things may have changed, your best bet is to email CS and see what happens.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Post a pic of the blow out.

ASpec818

Reaction score
which ones? supima? how do they fit?
uniqlo supima sized up 1 fit good and are great for the money. also their uniqlo u crewnecks t's are nice being heavier weight with a boxy fit. i've been done with je extended t's although i still wear them occasionally.

jyonge

Reaction score
uniqlo supima sized up 1 fit good and are great for the money. also their uniqlo u crewnecks t's are nice being heavier weight with a boxy fit. i've been done with je extended t's although i still wear them occasionally.
I’m with you on the supima and the Uniqlo U tees. I find the supima to fit like the classic crew just not as long. I have a bunch of JE tees that I think are just too long now, but they are perfect when you wanna tuck in your tee.

npa23

Reaction score
^^^^^
JE tees look weird to me on anyone under 6 feet.... I'm 6'2 and think the tees are too long at times

Bimmer93

Reaction score

It happens. I've had crotches blow on much more expensive denim. Price won't really dictate longevity. They most definitely won't do anything outside of MAYBE a good will % discount. But realistically, you can't wear a pair of shoes for a year and then complain that the sole is wearing down - this is no different.

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I got s blow out in my nimbus. That’s how it goes with multiple wears and no washing. The jeans weakens over time without regular wash. Also keep in mind how you sit down. If you have your legs open it puts stress on the crotch area. Make sure your jeans are pulled up enough So you put less stress on the jeans

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads