• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crshngdwn

Reaction score
Some of my favorite pieces: Bogota//Sashiko//Obsidian//Leather Hi

IMG_1825.JPG

Enexde96

Reaction score
I noticed a miniscule difference in the calf/thigh area between my obsidians and other pairs, but the waist and hem measures exactly the same as my other 28's

surpass

Reaction score
wjX7t77.jpg

I'm so happy it's open to the public. I would have tried to beg JE CS otherwise haha

If you traded with me before and want something that may be in the sale, hit me up and I'll get it for you. I may be able to stop by before leaving LA for a festival next week.

Sheeky

Reaction score
I see a lot of complaints about denim sizing.. anybody have complaints about the onyx? Just copped, so curious

marcus-chi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I think it's safe to say the denim from today was a flop. Also, really considering hopping on a flight out for the Friends & Fam event. I have points I can use, but who thinks it'll be worth it?

scanner

Reaction score
Worth going if you're looking for anything you weren't able to grab before but the last sample sale they had like this was super slim pickings. Pretty much all abnormal sizes or things that that were tagged wrong, etc. and the prices were not really that low.. maybe 20% off. Also very packed and pretty much impossible to try anything on / no returns / etc.

Also, this location is notoriously difficult to find any parking, especially during the week and gets crowded during the week due to studios around the area so be prepared to Uber/Lyft.

Will drop by, but seeing its open to the public now, I expect Supreme size lines.

afionas05

Reaction score
why do you think the lines are gonna be crazy? can't imagine that many people know about it, and I don't see much advertising.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Worth going if you're looking for anything you weren't able to grab before but the last sample sale they had like this was super slim pickings. Pretty much all abnormal sizes or things that that were tagged wrong, etc. and the prices were not really that low.. maybe 20% off. Also very packed and pretty much impossible to try anything on / no returns / etc.

Also, this location is notoriously difficult to find any parking, especially during the week and gets crowded during the week due to studios around the area so be prepared to Uber/Lyft.

Will drop by, but seeing its open to the public now, I expect Supreme size lines.
We've never done a sample sale, but I assume you're talking about another at this location?

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I see a lot of complaints about denim sizing.. anybody have complaints about the onyx? Just copped, so curious
Onyx fits similar to the previous washed cast 2. I think the difference between the onyx and the obsidian is that the onyx went through a wash process and shrunk, whereas the obsidian is raw and therefore when cut with the same pattern has turned out ever so slightly larger.

Just in general though, all the denim fits slightly different and I think it is due to the fabrication and the effect the wash process has on that (some compositions or even wash processes cause more or less shrinkage). I think this is seen with the indigo Dillon vs the black Dillon.

Either way it's no different than other brands. For example the raw slp denim tends to fit looser than the washed slp denim.

TL;DR: onyx seems to be consistent in sizing with other washed JE denim

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's LITERALLY a massive park-n-ride right across the street where the rail station is.

perkyscalling

Reaction score

I just googled Platform LA and it says there's free parking in a structure with validation. I know when I went to All Saints Sale with my girlfriend last time I was in CA, that area of DTLA had no parking. Platform looks to be away from all that, which is a plus

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads