• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree the Odeon wash looks different however I asked and apparently no changes to wash just the updated cut.

I need to try the new cut out. Old cut sucked on me

Enigma1

Reaction score
Can someone post some photos of the Brown Villain, and Escobars if they have? I'm wondering if the brown looks like a standard military color brown, or if it has a nice rich, deep look to it as we've seen on the recent green hues of sage, alpine, etc. Thanks in advance

Denim_Connoisseur

Reaction score

Can someone post some photos of the Brown Villain, and Escobars if they have? I'm wondering if the brown looks like a standard military color brown, or if it has a nice rich, deep look to it as we've seen on the recent green hues of sage, alpine, etc.  Thanks in advance

The pictures include Alpine Escobars vs. the Brown Escobars under regular lighting and white lighting. I hope it helps.

tjonesd2

Reaction score
how do the cast 2 fit compared to rag and bone fit 1? R&B fit 1 is my go to - it is super slim on my legs tho and I can't go any slimmer without being completely skin tight. Thanks

Enigma1

Reaction score

The pictures include Alpine Escobars vs. the Brown Escobars under regular lighting and white lighting. I hope it helps.

Thanks so much man, that helps a ton. Do you have a villiain? I'm on the fence on purchasing a sweat set since I've never worn brown before, do you find it pretty versatile with denim and such? Thanks for taking the time gain, I really appreciate it.

Sheeky

Reaction score

If it was me, I would not buy a kake in slate or dark navy if I already had one or the other.  They are very, very similar.  I also have to disagree and can spot a large difference between the normal black and dark navy colour terrys.  Slate compared to dark navy on the other hand is incredibly similar in my view.  Why not spend the money on another piece entirely? Or an entirely different or new colour that will inevitably be dropping in the new season?

Unless you've got money burning a hole in your pocket, in my opinion it would be a waste.

Appreciate it.. any idea when the new season drops?

Sheeky

Reaction score

@sheeky I'd wait it on it like leflop mentioned. But..just for reference, there's Navy top right vs. black bottom left. Every pic will give off different colors, but you can get a general idea. I put on my navy half zip in navy the other day thinking it was black and didn't realize it was navy until a little while later. Great color but too close to black so I ended up selling it

Thanks a lot.. so the question is now.. if I own the KM in slate should I buy it in black as well.

Denim_Connoisseur

Reaction score

Thanks so much man, that helps a ton. Do you have a villiain?  I'm on the fence on purchasing a sweat set since I've never worn brown before, do you find it pretty versatile with denim and such? Thanks for taking the time gain, I really appreciate it.

The only villain I have is a short sleeve crewneck in black. IMO villains sweatshirts are pretty versatile and can be worn with denim or with Escobars. If you haven't tried one on before, I'd recommend to size up by one size since they run small. Good luck!

beans718

Reaction score
still dont understand how ppl were slandering my man @srizvi722.. if it wasnt for him we would never know the difference between midnight/dark navy, or slate/dark navy or sage/olive :lol:

973god

Reaction score
I've never bought any JE denim before but I wanna buy my first pair from this restock so I'm looking for some opinions. I know I should buy what's most suitable for my style but here's my thinking…

The Nero's are black and black goes with everything so that's almost an auto cop on I'd wear them the most out of the three. Personally I think the Odeon wash is the sickest wash and probably my favorite jean color from JE. But the Springs are a classic and I love how they don't have knee blowouts so they can be worn more formally. Looking for some feedback or a consensus that if you had to take one of the three, which are you copping. Thanks fam.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads