• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Onohediint I prefer wearing my bogota II with just a tee
Here ya go dog
144BC7F3-2E1E-4F7D-BB17-210BCA1ABDE0.jpeg
If anyone was wondering what his fit looked like

those cabinets were nice tho

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you and yes the majority of the time I do. Speaking of bogota @jclark216 has one in spruce and it looks hella clean
Appreciate that. Here’s a pic of the Nicasio Bomber in Spruce. I was told beforehand the Nicasio Program ran big so I went with a large. I’m normally an XL/2XL in JE outerwear.
8749E408-D947-4E22-A72D-E5D4E175F387.jpeg

timofay

Reaction score
Appreciate that. Here’s a pic of the Nicasio Bomber in Spruce. I was told beforehand the Nicasio Program ran big so I went with a large. I’m normally an XL/2XL in JE outerwear.
View attachment 1587377
What size jeans do you wear? I'm 6'3" 190-195 lbs and athletic build, I don't even feel like I am that muscular but I can't even get the cast 2 around my calves. I'd love to wear JE denim but can't get sizing right...think I should give the daze a go?

jclark216

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What size jeans do you wear? I'm 6'3" 190-195 lbs and athletic build, I don't even feel like I am that muscular but I can't even get the cast 2 around my calves. I'd love to wear JE denim but can't get sizing right...think I should give the daze a go?
Ok ?? time lol. Well in cast 2 I’m normally a 34. I hate the fit on my calves. Those in the pic above were the Juliettes. Out of all my cast 2s, those and the carbons stretched out enough for a comfortable fit. Honestly it’s over for me with the cast 2 unless I go up to a size 36. My skittles are a 36 and I love the fit. I never had a pair of daze but I would recommend it due to your calves.

blacknotebooks

Reaction score

Cast 2 is too slim in the calf for me as well. Cast 1 is slightly better and I have a pair of those but I only wear Kane 2/Himalayan/Cargo/LA sweat bottoms now.

Cuttooth

Reaction score
Ok ?? time lol. Well in cast 2 I’m normally a 34. I hate the fit on my calves. Those in the pic above were the Juliettes. Out of all my cast 2s, those and the carbons stretched out enough for a comfortable fit. Honestly it’s over for me with the cast 2 unless I go up to a size 36. My skittles are a 36 and I love the fit. I never had a pair of daze but I would recommend it due to your calves.

I'll post about this to no end but much of the Cast 2 sizing is incredibly frustrating because it's one of my favorite cuts of any jeans I've owned. I'm a small guy and currently hover around 135 pounds -- I'm sure there are plenty of guys like me out there in the world. I have fairly skinny legs I can wear Cast 2 Obsidians in a 28, but I've had some of the blue washes in the past and the waists on just about all of the ones I've tried are just too baggy on me. I've come to find that if I want actual quality denim, basically only the high end Japanese brands (PBJ, Tanuki, etc.) make sizes that actually fit me well and get narrow enough in the waist that they're fine with regular stretch. I will say that I stick to higher rises for those, but they all fit.

At the same time, JE sells various sweats and shorts that start at 25" in the waist for the XS. Even accounting for a lower rise, why do the jeans start at almost 31" in most cases? Who are they targeting with the insanely narrow sweats that are borderline even too tight for me in an XS even with stretch? The Kanes are all listed as starting at 32" and assuming that's accurate, I physically cannot wear them without being able to just pull them off.

I want to say JE isn't the only brand that's guilty of this because most are. Monday morning coffee rant over for now.

On a positive note my bucket hat and overshirt should be here tomorrow and I'll post pictures when I have them.

timofay

Reaction score
Cast 2 is too slim in the calf for me as well. Cast 1 is slightly better and I have a pair of those but I only wear Kane 2/Himalayan/Cargo/LA sweat bottoms now.

Are your Himalayan's really loud when you walk? I just picked up the back sateen cargo's and love them, really want to try the Himalayan pants again but I remember trying them on and they seemed really loud with any movement lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads