• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They’re like these dude. Just grab em and call it a day. They’re damn affordable and durable. + they look good. To keep it JE friendly, I paired it with this BM sail a while back.
is that leather sails? looks surprisingly good

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hoping for some Running from Vietnam influence... If I could go back, I'd double up on the OS Cropped Hoodie in Washed Black and buy 1 of almost everything else too LOL
You do know that he’s looking through archives of vintage clothing not archives of JE clothing right?

cjaz

Reaction score
Leather Anorak

It’s dope. Just buy it. If you need to think about the price, it’s probably not worth it. I’ve been told they made like 30 on the first run between all sizes and colors. I can see why...the thought and implementation of this jacket channeled the beginning roots of this brand. As stated before, the leather is rigid and veiny / crackly. Much more rigid than anticipated. It holds shape well, and one concern is how the adjoining hood / neckline will break in over time. With more wear it could potentially get a bit floppy. However, unzipped and flapped over still is appealing. The cinches are similar to the Himalayan pant cinches. In all likelihood they’re the same, just didn’t check. When it gets chillier, I plan on retiring most of my je jackets and breaking this one in. I have a feeling the patina will be ?.

5’10 210 ish at the moment

I sized L, although I could have squeezed a M. If anything, it runs slightly larger. My issue is wide shoulders and it just wasn’t going to work as well zipped up.

51E9675E-F467-4852-A4FB-6A4003EB5EE1.jpeg 71CDFBFE-1291-472E-B327-62032BF3ABB9.jpeg F87607C8-D3BE-4898-84CD-B7DA2321A052.jpeg

due_dilla

Reaction score
Leather Anorak

It’s dope. Just buy it. If you need to think about the price, it’s probably not worth it. I’ve been told they made like 30 on the first run between all sizes and colors. I can see why...the thought and implementation of this jacket channeled the beginning roots of this brand. As stated before, the leather is rigid and veiny / crackly. Much more rigid than anticipated. It holds shape well, and one concern is how the adjoining hood / neckline will break in over time. With more wear it could potentially get a bit floppy. However, unzipped and flapped over still is appealing. The cinches are similar to the Himalayan pant cinches. In all likelihood they’re the same, just didn’t check. When it gets chillier, I plan on retiring most of my je jackets and breaking this one in. I have a feeling the patina will be ?.

I sized L, although I could have squeezed a M. If anything, it runs slightly larger. My issue is wide shoulders and it just wasn’t going to work as well zipped up.

View attachment 1441656 View attachment 1441657 View attachment 1441659
Thanks for reviewing. Jacket looks dope. Post a fit! Would love to see how this fits on body. Debating between L and XL ( 6’2, 200).

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Leather Anorak

View attachment 1441656 View attachment 1441657 View attachment 1441659
Thx for the shots. Looks amazing.

Can you speak on the cinch cord quality? The cinch cords on regular himalayans etc feel really really flimsy.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please help me with names as I am not 100% sure. First one is olive, but then sand and clay?
IMG_5302.jpg

cjaz

Reaction score
Thx for the shots. Looks amazing.

Can you speak on the cinch cord quality? The cinch cords on regular himalayans etc feel really really flimsy.

Same cord as the high shrunk nylon himalayans. I’m assuming all himalayans use the same cord. I can’t really speak on the quality, I’ve had no issues and nothing to compare it too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads