1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Vindeleon90

Vindeleon90 Senior member

looked like i was swimming in a large boucle crew - exchanged for a medium but they're too tight on my shoulders (guess it won't work out)

got my olive/plast engineered pants today. I got a size large (31-32 waist L in escobars). They are way too big around the waist and tightening with the laces creates a bunch up effect. The materiel is also not very breathable and something tells me my legs will feel like a sauna after wearing them for a while. gonna have to return mine.

2. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Looks like the pants are a no go then. Glad I haven't ordered them yet.

The boucle is hit or miss too it looks like. It all really depends on your shoulders. Medium on me looked like the machus model.

I don't know if what's modeled on JE's site actual production items or preproduction items but it will be helpful to get an idea of what the real thing looks like. The models all usually wear a medium but it seems like in reality the pieces can all differ.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  3. johnelliottfan

johnelliottfan Senior member

the engineered pants are 38 inch waists on a size large fyi

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  4. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

^^
    I'm sure JE will make it up to you somehow. But yea, the engineered pants are probably the worst piece of item JE has ever come out with. Surprised to see them make something like that. (well, it's made really nicely, i guess the MATERIAL and sizing of the item is what really made me hate it)

I wanna cop the boucle sweater in black too, best item I own. Someone return their Medium...and return their tan merino wool sweater in M as well. Haha

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  5. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

@Jbidwal how tall are you and how much do you weigh?
    that large boucle did look terrible on you and the medium looked much better. You said L is what you take in villains and stuff right? Are they slim/fitted on you or looser?
    I kind of want to go tts and get an XL boucle. My XL villains are really slim and even my XXL is basically like a "regular" XL so it might not be bad.

6. godforshort

godforshort Senior member

I have a pair of the casts Carbon size 33 for sale. Worn 2-3 times PM if interested. Selling cheap. Also have a M black villain hoodie only worn 6-7 times.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2015
  7. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

That was actually a medium and I got a small now. I'm 5-7 155. I usually get a medium in everything. Medium villians fit me nice and fitted. Tees generally a bit loose around my torso. I have big shoulders and a chest but I don't have broad shoulders. The boucle really depends on your shoulders. Look at the machus model. It fits him like it fit me and he doesn't have a big upper body. If you have broad shoulders true to size may work. If you don't, size down.

8. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I returned my black medium. Maybe you can email and ask for it.

1 person likes this.
  9. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

Thanks man, I'll go XL then. Machus fit actually looks perfect and I generally hate everything about Machus.

10. Vindeleon90

Vindeleon90 Senior member

To anyone else that got a flight jacket.....are the shoulder areas on your jackets boxy? Mine are extremely square and it's starting to bother me

11. peter1234930

peter1234930 Senior member

Anyone with the heavy cropped tee care to share how it fits? I think it'd be great for layering but I'm unsure on the sizing.

12. Yale doctor

Yale doctor Active Member

Yeah this seems to be true for a lot of people. I like to layer a hoodie underneath mine and I find that it fills out quite nicely.

13. Yale doctor

Yale doctor Active Member

Yeah this seems to be true for a lot of people. I like to layer a hoodie underneath mine and I find that it fills out quite nicely.

14. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Mine is boxy. Bugged me a bit too but I'll likely wear something thick under it

15. panhuysen

panhuysen New Member

heavy cropped tee is waynice, best as your main top then layer atop, but w/ a jacket of sorts, bomber, etc...it's so fine. Has that sweet hanging effect so most shirts layered underneath creates a beautiful flow. I picked up the plaster & have been in love w/ it, wanna wear it everyday.

I'm so dreading my engineered pants delivery w/ all of these comments, damn...sized up too thinking they would fit similar to escobars, oh well...je is kool w/ returns right? Never had to return anything.

16. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Yea you're fine. you just go on their website and type in your email and order number, and request a return. then they send you a RA# and just ship it back out to them. Their CS is great

17. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

TTS. Best tee ever, layer it with the mercer tank underneath that's the same size. I wear a M in everything, got the tee in a M, and I layer it with a M mercer tank. They seriously need to release more colors bc it's an awesome item.

18. seraphm2

seraphm2 Senior member

More colors and a long sleeve would be great.

19. ddcddd

ddcddd Member

PM me pics on the hoodie.

20. peter1234930

peter1234930 Senior member

^^ Thanks guys. Can't wait to layer a mercer under a cropped tee with a moto jacket on top. Layering is going to be insane.