• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good man. Info on trousers?

Thanks. They are a cotton flannel corduroy from an Epaulet “Ends for Friends” event a few years back. They kick ass, but I’ve never seen a fabric like them any other time.

j023

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got in my Carbons from Mr. Porter, and they are considerably more washed than my other pair... My other pair is pretty black, where as this new pair is a very washed black w/ deep fading from the knee up. I will take a comparison pic tomorrow when I have better lighting available, but has anyone experienced this with Carbons?

Last edited:

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got in my Carbons from Mr. Porter, and they are considerably more washed than my other pair... My other pair is pretty black, where as this new pair is a very washed black w/ deep fading from the knee up. I will take a comparison pic tomorrow when I have better lighting available, but has anyone experienced this with Carbons?
There are always slight variations pair to pair and especially season to season.

The black Dillons come to mind, the first run was significantly different than following runs

thereaintnofutureinthis

Reaction score

My first pair of carbons were notably lighter in color than my second pair, the onyxs i have also were lighter than what ive seen from most other people on here

I guess its just the luck of the draw

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kicking off the weekend in the Yuma

B1922AF2-CDC3-4EF5-9C95-15C0C7504E99.jpeg

kcinirni

Reaction score
When do you guys wash your hoodies? I have my flash 2 dual zip that I’ve been wearing pretty much everyday for 3 weeks and it’s been developing honeycombs on the arms. I definately don’t want them to set in so I’m
Thinking it’s do for a wash or dry clean. Has anyone run into this with any terry items?

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When do you guys wash your hoodies? I have my flash 2 dual zip that I’ve been wearing pretty much everyday for 3 weeks and it’s been developing honeycombs on the arms. I definately don’t want them to set in so I’m
Thinking it’s do for a wash or dry clean. Has anyone run into this with any terry items?
If it doesn’t smell bad or isnt visibly dirty don’t wash or dry clean it. Buy a steamer or throw it in the dryer to get the “honeycombs” out.

nepats81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If it doesn’t smell bad or isnt visibly dirty don’t wash or dry clean it. Buy a steamer or throw it in the dryer to get the “honeycombs” out.

Daily for 3 weeks? Might be time man. Terry holds onto smell a lot more than jeans

tricky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When do you guys wash your hoodies? I have my flash 2 dual zip that I’ve been wearing pretty much everyday for 3 weeks and it’s been developing honeycombs on the arms. I definately don’t want them to set in so I’m thinking it’s do for a wash or dry clean. Has anyone run into this with any terry items?

I would definitely give it a cold wash and lie to dry at this point. Never had honeycombs appear though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads