• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is cool. I wasn’t talking about the overshirts though. I just think it would be really uncomfortable to wear a slightly oversized hoodie with a slim fit flannel over it. JE flannels are slim. The model is prob wearing a medium hoodie and an xL shirt. I don’t know seems too fussy for me.

Why can’t he come out with dark blue denim. Without the brownish tinge to them. I really would like to see some basics. He’s got the best fitting jeans
I would love some dark indigo denim or a clean fade, every time I bring this up, someone butts in an says “yadda ya da there’s a number of brands that do that...”.

Point is, JE has the best fitting denim out right now (if you can get the sizing right lol).

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it's just different lighting and editing.

They look the same on the JE site and Unknwn site:
https://www.johnelliott.co/products/basalt-tee-washed-yellow
https://www.unknwn.com/products/big-t-shirt

And they're the brighter yellow on SSENSE and KITH:
https://www.ssense.com/en-us/men/product/john-elliott/yellow-big-t-shirt/2727658
https://kith.com/products/john-elliott-big-tee-washed-yellow

Can always hit up JE CS on chat and ask.
Big tee looks horrible. Can’t see anyone pulling this off

TheOpOg

Reaction score
I would love some dark indigo denim or a clean fade, every time I bring this up, someone butts in an says “yadda ya da there’s a number of brands that do that...”.

Point is, JE has the best fitting denim out right now (if you can get the sizing right lol).
Yeah, I would love for him to do a dark indigo version of the obsidian's

Edeezus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just got in my Nimbus and you guys weren’t kidding on how tight they are. I lost weight and I’m more of a 29 than 30 atm and I can barely button my sz 29 up. I can’t seem to pull up the jeans as it’s way too tight in the calf area. Do you guys advice I try to stretch them out or size up?

MaTtKs

Reaction score
I just got in my Nimbus and you guys weren’t kidding on how tight they are. I lost weight and I’m more of a 29 than 30 atm and I can barely button my sz 29 up. I can’t seem to pull up the jeans as it’s way too tight in the calf area. Do you guys advice I try to stretch them out or size up?
Mine haven't really stretched at all compared to my other JE denim. Might wanna try a 30.

JR918

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They’re my slimmest pair of jeans but I’ve worn the hell out of them and they’ve stretched a bit. Wish my onyx fit like them ha!

Sheeky

Reaction score
They’re my slimmest pair of jeans but I’ve worn the hell out of them and they’ve stretched a bit. Wish my onyx fit like them ha!

I sized up 1, which I don’t regret, but they did stretch out for sure. If they are super unfomfortable, like you can barely move uncomfortable, size up 1. If they’re just ehhhh kinda tight, then keep them. Hope this helps.

Sheeky

Reaction score
Mine haven't really stretched at all compared to my other JE denim. Might wanna try a 30.

EDIT: meant to post this here......
I sized up 1, which I don’t regret, but they did stretch out for sure. If they are super unfomfortable, like you can barely move uncomfortable, size up 1. If they’re just ehhhh kinda tight, then keep them. Hope this helps.

Sheeky

Reaction score
Purchased Friday....

0CD6248B-4546-4357-984C-3E8F48CD53D6.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads