• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The neck opening is the issue not the bacon fix. Attached is what everyone is complaining about. The green is also a bigger size.

And the material is no where close to the skittles tee material.

View attachment 812815
Sorry didn't mean to quote you.

Regarding the tee conpostion, stinks they changed it to 100% cotton, but some of their 100% cotton tees are great. Examples: skittles tee, slate anti expo (recycled cotton), mr p brushed cotton. They just messed up the choice here.

The neck looks way better than before. The stitching is re-inforced, the ribbing also looks better. The old tees were prone to baconing due to the stretch in the ribbing being poor and the stitching of the collar coming undone. This actually looks like it will stay in place.

My point is we got the point. JE barely checks this and doesn't comment on here. If you want to make a point hit up their CS and voice your complaints, even so the SF community is a small portion of their customers at this point (they already gave up on us), I don't think they are hurting based on what we think. Their sh*t will still sell, once it's on sale everyone will be like, "can't believe I slept on the new AE tees in the seasonal colors, material is lit AF"

Edit: I think their stockists carrying or not carrying items, hurts them more than us

Last edited:

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This discussion is why we need to move this forum to Reddit, we need threads for the particular items, so it doesn't get clogged and if you're interested on something you can read about it. The nonsense is now jumbled with true discussion

grantmason6882

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well. Aside from the all the 100% cotton/Anti Expo talk I'm getting more and more stoked for this season. Being honest, I wasn't excited at all after watching the runway show but I think there are going to be some major gems in the collection.

hyyvii

Reaction score
http%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2017%2F07%2Fjohn-elliott-suicoke-moto-sandals-1.jpg

JE x Suicoke - Motto Sandals - SS18

PT2011

Reaction score
Just booked a 26 hour flight and realized I have no sweatpants that fit anymore. Bit the bullet on the pile sweats. Seems like everyone was happy with them
pile sweats should be nice. I have a pair of FoG sweats with zippers on the front, back, and legs.... a huge hassle while flying abroad or without TSA precheck.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My take on the new anti expo was really more of a review rather than Je making things right. Some anti expo tee won't make or break my wardrobe. I think it all comes down to how you like things too. As someone skinny, I like my tees to drape and fit a certain way. The ss anti expo isn't perfect but it works for the way I want it.

Plenty of pics of these so not really adding much. They pair nicely with the rusty mr porter pair too.

IMG_2672.JPG

IMG_2673.JPG

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My take on the new anti expo was really more of a review rather than Je making things right. Some anti expo tee won't make or break my wardrobe. I think it all comes down to how you like things too. As someone skinny, I like my tees to drape and fit a certain way. The ss anti expo isn't perfect but it works for the way I want it.

Plenty of pics of these so not really adding much. They pair nicely with the rusty mr porter pair too.

View attachment 812856

View attachment 812857

Charcoal or slate? Looks good! we needed some pics today

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. It's the charcoal. The summer weight wears real nice. The fabric is perfect for the edges to roll with wear. Neck has the bacon issue but I kind of works
I like the anti expo as well, I just wish my torso was longer. Been meaning to cut mine.

I agree with the bacon issue, I think it's not intended but it is fitting for a shirt that is beat up with raw hems. Looks more "effortless"

If you're wearing distressed denim, a little bacon collar doesn't look off

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads