• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm 5'8, 135 (skinny as hell) and wear a 30 waist. Should I go for the escobar sweats in a 0/XS or 1/S ? Thanks in advance.
Go for Small. XS for someone 5'8" 135 might be pushing it to the limits of girls fitted sweats
butbut.gif

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fit pics of moon mercer shirt and charcoal villain.

I do wear a large in shirts and XL in villains. I know some people had questions regarding layering with different sizes.

Neck is slightly enlarged in mercer tees but nothing dramatic.

Also I am 5'10 approx 185lbs

Looks good brotha. Esp. the villain.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Go for Small.  XS for someone 5'8" 135 might be pushing it to the limits of girls fitted sweats :butbut:
I'm 5'8, 135 (skinny as hell) and wear a 30 waist. Should I go for the escobar sweats in a 0/XS or 1/S ? Thanks in advance.

Which ones are you looking at? If it's the old cut, xs should be fine. New cut, small should be ok.

dantatzai

Reaction score

Fit pics of moon mercer shirt and charcoal villain.

I do wear a large in shirts and XL in villains. I know some people had questions regarding layering with different sizes.

Neck is slightly enlarged in mercer tees but nothing dramatic.

Also I am 5'10 approx 185lbs

Nice Fit! Thx for the info on the layering!

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^oh shoot...my bad! I completely forgot that there's an old cut and a new cut. So scratch what I said earlier

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Size Medium Flash Full Zip hoodie and size Medium, Size Medium U neck tee. And the grey sweats are a size Medium. I just got the zip up hoodie today--well worth the money.

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

If you are looking at the Midnight, you can probably go small. The Black, Grey Duo 2, and Grey Duo are all still the larger cut and I would probably go XS in those.

The XS Midnight Escobars are really small. However, some of us around 5'10" 155 lbs wear the Small in the Midnight Escobars because they do stretch and we like the tight fit, so your height/weight could potentially go XS in those, though I would recommend Small.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@JohnElliottCo
So the carbon denim has only had 1 iteration, correct? And all the measurements online were checked and updated a few months ago? Just checking before I order as 33 and 34 are pretty similar (same waist, .25" diff in thigh).
thanks

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@JohnElliottCo is the fabric changed for the black and white mercer tee? The description now states the same as the grey. Maybe it's a typo but I wanted to make sure. Might buy the black if the fabric is different now.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Fabrics are the same as they are for basic tees. Black and white are still 50/50

Have you seen the actual tee? I guess it's a typo then. The tee looks a bit different on the model too but it might just be how the pics were taken.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads