• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the response. Would you be willing to provide a photo of how it looks on you? I definitely love the look of it on the website's model. Would you say the fabric is moderately thick? I don't want a tee that's thin.

It looks similar to the models pics, if you get a fitting size and obviously have a slim frame. The material isn't thick say like a Hanes tee.

Narii

Reaction score
I don't own any apc denim but just make sure they don't have that stretch material in them. That's what really made it hard for me to nail my size down.
Man, as a matter of fact it does have the stretch material....

Jbidwal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ordered the coast/obsidian in 29 will try it tomorrow and tell you guys how it goes :)

From my measurnent so got size 28 but without the stretch material I couldn't even button them. I then tried a 30 but it was too big. Ended up with a 29 and that fits perfect.

leclutchjames

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
6'1, 160, size M

MIKE_JE

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@JohnElliottCo just to double check. All denim is updated to slim on the website now, correct?

No. The only new cut jeans are Cobalt, Obsidian, Graphite. We will have Carbon and Coast done soon in the new cut.

Anything with a size chart currently up is the new fit.

relaxandrawr

Reaction score
No. The only new cut jeans are Cobalt, Obsidian, Graphite. We will have Carbon and Coast done soon in the new cut.

Anything with a size chart currently up is the new fit.
For my own clarity's sake, the "new fit" is the taper to a slimmer hem from the knee to hem, which I believe you stated in April?

schneider

Reaction score
Hi guys,

been surfing this thread last night for hours ;)

I am 5'8 and weigh 145. I want to order a villain crew neck ... but want it to fit quite loose. Like a Kanye APC hoodie.
You think I should/could order a Size Large? Medium might still be quite slim, is my feeling.

I wear size M in Levis Vintage Clothing for example.

Would be happy if someone could help. Ordering two sizes is a problem because I live in Germany.

Thanks!

Last edited:

jstrath406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys,

been surfing this thread last night for hours ;)

I am 5'8 and weigh 145. I want to order a villain crew neck ... but want it to fit quite loose. Like a Kanye APC hoodie.
You think I should/could order a Size Large? Medium might still be quite slim, is my feeling.

I wear size M in Levis Vintage Clothing for example.

Would be happy if someone could help. Ordering two sizes is a problem because I live in Germany.

Thanks!

I happen to have had the Villain and APCxKanye hoodie, and I would say large would probably be your best bet. However, the APC hoodie is shorter and wider than the Villain, so a large is going to look pretty long on you. I'm 5'9" 140 and fit a medium Villain and XS APC (they really do run huge), but the Villain fits snug rather than loose.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads