1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. malcolm4819

malcolm4819 Senior Member

I have the white/black and its pretty dope. I normally dont wear white because it get dirty easy.

The texturing on the black vs black is nice. Going to pick up one of those soon.

All three are dope though.

2. tokyocean

tokyocean Senior Member

I received my black Villain crew yesterday. I absolutely love how it looks. I have one concern, though. I go to school, so I wear a backpack around. I'm concerned that wearing it with a backpack filled with books might cause the neck to droop and become wider. I hope that wouldn't be the case. What would your be your take on this? Should I avoid wearing a backpack when I have on the Villain crew and vice versa?

3. Bertdinner2

Bertdinner2 Senior Member

to piggyback on that thought...i often go skydiving and the harness that straps around my groin is quite tight. im worried that wen i wear my escobars it will pull the crotch up and stretch them. anyone have experience with this? john elliott...could you please solve this problem for me? im sick of my crotch stretching from skydiving! my lord...

4. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Distinguished Member

I've had a similar problem with the jeans. In order to avoid knee-bags I've been walking with Straight Legs Only, which has been very inconvenient to my living condition an day to day activities. I don't mind straightwalking (it builds character) but is there any way around this issue? I'd like to be able to sit down again.

5. Bertdinner2

it just blows my mind that these designers haven't thought of these things ahead of time! They are such common complaints, u would think they would get their act together...:stirpot:

6. tokyocean

tokyocean Senior Member

I actually have OCD. What do you expect? I'm meticulous about such things. Little do you know this actually happened to one of my T-shirts, so my concern isn't unwarranted. I wore a backpack, and the neck stretched out like crazy. Luckily, it shrunk back after a washing and a drying. Plus, I've been looking for a well-fitting crewneck sweatshirt for a while now, and I finally found the perfect one for me. It's great, as it appears tailored to my body. There isn't any bagginess, and the neck isn't extremely loose. I don't want to mess it up. I just don't want my Villain crew sweatshirt to end up looking like a boatneck top. I don't want it to end up looking like this:
    [​IMG]
    I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want that to happen to yours either.

Last edited: May 28, 2014

7. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Distinguished Member Affiliate Vendor

Glad you are happy with it!

I think you should be fine to just wear it, backpack or not.The terry is a pretty sturdy material. I really doubt it would droop much. A machine wash on cold and hang dry would tighten any stretch back up.

8. Bertdinner2

I'm just bustin ur balls bud

9. nepats81

nepats81 Senior Member

Will atrium be getting the rebel???

10. Darren2901

Darren2901 Active Member

I have a DS large, white Villain available for retail to anyone in Europe that wants one minus the high shipping/import costs. It's great but it's too small on me as I have really broad shoulders.

DM me if interested, thanks!

11. MIKE_JE

They should have it now.

12. kular01

kular01 Active Member

@JohnElliottCo any news on when the fall 2014 villain crews will drop?

13. MIKE_JE

Most likely August, potentially July. Are you looking at the darker grey or burgundy ones?

14. dantatzai

dantatzai Senior Member

Not sure about kular01 but def looking to pick up both and the mercer tees. Is the grey on the charcoal grey heathered and substantially darker than the current grey or? Release months confirmed?

Also the grey duo villain is charcoal and what other color?

Any details is appreciated thx ;)

15. kular01

kular01 Active Member

I was looking at the charcoal villain crew. @JohnElliottCo