1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

https://nomadshop.net/collections/john-elliott

Nomad has the charcoal and the pink

2. John-Galt

John-Galt Senior member

Malin is carried at many retailers. Barneys in the states and a bunch of boutiques in Canada. I would steer you to Baxter or Aesop instead though

3. NikeOG

NikeOG Senior member

great day to wear my skittles. (Os washed tee in navy)

[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. hyyvii

hyyvii Senior member

thanks my guy, any reason why Baxter over Malin?

heard people in this thread state Aesop was alright

1 person likes this.
  5. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

Hahah he does rock a similar fit pretty often doesn't he

6. ZanderRosen

ZanderRosen Senior member

Baxter deodorant FTW.

7. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

8. ElmTree

ElmTree Well-Known Member

Seems like his he has to choose between long sleeves, or tight shoulders and being unable to zip the jacket. If I was hell-bent on keeping the item, I'd opt for the latter. Even if the jacket stretches, I can't imagine he'd go from "not being able to breath in it" (as he described) to it being a good fit. If not satisfied in every way, returning both sizes could be a serious consideration, especially considering the tag on that item.

On another note, I sent back a Purl Grey Oversized Pocket Tee in a 1/Small over the weekend. If anyone is still looking for one in that size, it should arrive back to JE by tomorrow or Wed.

9. randomkoreandude

have to agree with whoever mentioned it earlier that unfortunately not everyone has the right body type for every designer or garment. im guilty of this as well but some of us just dont have the model/lookbook body type so sizing down doesnt help and isnt the intended look

for me, i take everything size small from JE. but if it doesnt look right, i have to pass, no matter how awesome it loosk in the pics or on the models. for me case in point are the raschel mock tees. they look sick and people seem to have rave reviews about them, but i look goofy as hell with the mock neck, hugely oversized square shape with wide arms. i just cant pull it off and going xs goes against the whole point of the item and intended fit

2 people like this.
  10. konspec

konspec New Member

anyone else getting excessive piling on the Villain. I've both in Dune and Grey...the grey is a blend, no wear but, the dune 100% cotton looks haggard after a couple wears. I have washed them once, Cold, inside out, with Woolite, on Gentle, hang dry. Just wear my stuff to the office, not grinding any brick walls or anything. Especially around the neck, where my stubble rubs, the dune is looking beat. typical?

11. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

How do you like the pigtail? I know everyone raves about it, but when I see pics I just feel like it looks like a wool sweater that someone threw in the washing machine.

12. l0ftykeith

l0ftykeith Well-Known Member

Just piggy backing on this.. I've never washed any of my villains before. Just wondering if people recommend dry cleaning JE sweats or cold washing on low spin and hang dry? Sorry if this topic had been mentioned in the past! I heard cold washing it will revert the shape back to its original form, since JE terry does stretch with wear.

13. randomkoreandude

this is the float knit, not the pigtail. but the float knits are hard to photograph. i think the pigtails are way better in terms of overall look and fit. the float knits do look like a messy wool sweater but its really comfy and light and the texture and subtle details are really cool. i find my sweater hem tends to curve in sometimes though like a muffin top which is annoying. but i got on BF so i think its well worth it and unique. would def choose pigtail over the float knits though

14. konspec

konspec New Member

Pictures don't do the pigtail justice, even on the website. In person them look way more interesting then a "worn" look. Texture with purpose. like most JE they fit snug but, I went my typical true to size because the material stretches and it looses shape. So, after wearing for 1hr it took on more of a loose fit...perfect.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  15. leclutchjames

leclutchjames Senior member

@ElmTree

Why'd you return ?

16. ElmTree

ElmTree Well-Known Member

@leclutchjames. I'm a medium. I thought based on the way oversized JE pieces are, I'd be swimming in it if I went TTS. A small kinda fit, but definitely not in the intended way you'd look for with their oversized pieces. The small fit similarly, maybe slightly bigger than the way a medium JE classic crew fits on me.

17. Yoshi

Yoshi Senior member

I wear a an 8.5 in NMD, 9 in Nike, 9.5 in boost and a 41 in CP Chelseas, not sure if that's helpful after comparing to your sizing, heh. Probably best to try them on as they will stretch.

18. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

Pigtail is >>>>>>

I never considered it a sweater though. I see it as a long sleeve tee with really nice texture/material. I've been wearing my dune one on the daily for the past week

19. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

Having been on both sides I agree with you. At 160, I had to pass on certain things. Down to 120 now just about anything fits fine.

As for @hermesonly's jacket, it will be difficult if not impossible for him to find things that fit him well right off of the rack. Not many designers cater to his height / body proportions. He either lives with the fit or gets it fixed. It's not a knock on him, nothing he can do.

1 person likes this.
  20. Timbaland

Timbaland Senior member

I'm also on the boat that Hermes only should stick with medium. I have a calf Margiela 5 zip that I got in my usual size 50 and I can't even layer a light sweater or thin hoodie under it. I wish I got a size up for that.

Also I've listened to advice on here to size down for the u necks and have a couple I never even wore out. [​IMG]
    Wasn't able to return.