• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

japejapejape

Reaction score
so the alpine bogota on the JE website actually seems pretty accurate and the one on machus seems to be too dark.

this is the pictures from notre...which always have pretty accurate pictures of the color

Mikeisonfire

Reaction score
Some fit pics of my unpinrolled Plumas for share:

And

Villain Hoodie sz M (I have a 39" chest)
Co Mix Mercer sz L (I am 6'1" and weigh 190lbs)
Cast 2 Plumas sz 34 (My waist size is 35")
White Achilles Low sz 43 (My shoe size is 10US)

Thoughts?

Nice fit man. Don't size up on the Villain, everything looks good here.

saxvan2015

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to make those Escobar sweatpants shrink it back without running them? My Escobars have stretched quite a bit over the course of time and are not as slim as they used to.

leit96

Reaction score
Mine stretch out a bit with wear but they shrink back down after washing. The French terry is going to stretch when you wear it, but you could take them to a tailor and get them tapered if you want.

Crshngdwn

Reaction score
Here are a few quick shots of the Sashiko. Wicked comfortable, clean black color like the Nero, just different details. Honestly kind of like them a bit more, especially for fall. I think it'd be overkill to wear them with a Rider, but think they will work well with the Oak Bogota.

Jeans look great. Is there any fading/distressing, or are they "raw" for the most part?

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, for sure Rudy is super nice bomber quality and fir wise. I just realized that new black bomber from APC is not Rudy but something else, not that nice and different material. So I am still considering giving a try to black JE bomber. I am not a huge fan of Acne Selo tho. Most of the time I prefer Rudy over Selo. Acne is thicker tho, so it is more in use in colder days.

Sorry for a little JE offtopic tho!

I really regret not picking up Iridescent bomber from last year. One of the biggest regrets haha. If anyone have one in Plaster, size L please hit me up or send me in right direction =)

Also the new Aluminium bomber looks super unique. How thick/warm it is?

I think we will see a lot of fire from JE in the following weeks.
This is the FW Acne Black Blouson MA1 bomber. It is nice jacket, I think very similar to rudy, just different material and some minor differences on the back. It is different bomber than Bogata, but I think I prefer JE in that case. Shiny bomber is a lot more style. But on these photos also APC looks great.

http://graduatestore.fr/en/coat-jacket/5812-apc-blouson-ma-1-noir.html

japejapejape

Reaction score
^ yeah that apc looks great
what i like about the bogata the most is the thick/high collar. very comfy

Last edited:

Sotiros

Reaction score
What would you guys say is a fair price for an Iridescent bomber? Assuming it's in good condition.

Last edited:

GBlue

Reaction score

Nice fit man. Don't size up on the Villain, everything looks good here.

Thanks man! Helps a lot.
Being a 39" chest with a 35" waist is tough.
I tried a Villain in large before and it didn't look very JE on me, it was more like a regular baggy hoodie so I took the medium instead.

I guess the next step is to drop my waist size so the sides will be comfortable when I zip them shut!
Only thing is my Plumas might get way too baggy after lol

japejapejape

Reaction score
Some people putting their riders for sale on grailed
yeah they all trying to soften the blow for the collab on tuesday. the problem is they want 1k plus for a jacket that was on sale for much cheaper a few months back
at that price most people are just going to pay for the new collab leathers instead

vaeMD

Reaction score
must be in the minority but still love the minimalist look and design of the original rider. still my favorite piece of JE clothing.

beans718

Reaction score
i saw two riders that were retail or above and used on grailed... crazy to me

like the belt on the new rider

hannie2

Reaction score
Just bought a brand new iridescent jacket off grailed. Really excited for it.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

This is how much I like it:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads