• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

solographik

Reaction score
How are you guys sizing on those Kake's? 5'10 140 and I wear M in every other JE hoodie, debating if I should go with my usual M or size down to S.

How do you want it to fit?

I sized M on all my JE hoodies (Kake included). The villains fit very slim, and the Kake a bit more oversized. For reference, I'm 5'8 163lbs (athletic build).

I would guess that a Kake in M would be very big on you, but it depends on how your weight is distributed.

srizvi722

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^oh I should add, my black M looks good bc it's dark and you can't really see the bagginess on it that color. Sage M looks a little baggy. Since oak is a lighter color, I think you should go with Small.

MaiLam

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I want a less slimmed down body than the Mercer, is it the classic crew that I want?

Jflo301

Reaction score
Yeah I think I'm going with the S, not a big fan of the oversized fit and I think S will look better on me. Thanks for the advice guys.

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any good leads on where to purchase one of these?

Any film store or store dealing in film equipment will have those. They're expensive, and tbh don't make good clothing racks. They'll work for a small amount of clothes, but if you have alot it's hard to keep parallel. If you really want one, I'd check craigslist first.

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How are you guys sizing on those Kake's? 5'10 140 and I wear M in every other JE hoodie, debating if I should go with my usual M or size down to S.

It seems like you have figured it out from the above comments but I'm the same weight and majority of my JE is medium and I went small in kake. Medium was too baggy.

ElmTree

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the Mercer tee compares to the Curved U-neck? Are the armpits as snug in the Mercer as they are in the u neck? Was just wondering if I need to buy the same size Mercers as I do in my u-necks. From my experience with JE, respective sizes vary greatly from fit to fit.

Clint Alvin

Reaction score
Does anyone know how the Mercer tee compares to the Curved U-neck? Are the armpits as snug in the Mercer as they are in the u neck? Was just wondering if I need to buy the same size Mercers as I do in my u-necks. From my experience with JE, respective sizes vary greatly from fit to fit.

My Mercers and Curve U-Neck are all the same size.

Last edited:

SurakiCrim

Reaction score
man...I know a lot of people have voice issues on the Safari sweats and its limited mobility...but my my pair fucken ripped because I raised my leg first into the car (SUV so a little higher).............jesus.

ZanderRosen

Reaction score
man...I know a lot of people have voice issues on the Safari sweats and its limited mobility...but my my pair fucken ripped because I raised my leg first into the car (SUV so a little higher).............jesus.

Only reason I didn't buy 'em. I was in between sz. 2 and 3, no way I would have taken either due to the drop-crotch fit. Not very mobile. I get better mobility out of the Cast 2 Mica "Stretch" I am wearing right now that are tight as boards, and I'm the dude that ripped my Springs sz. 29 lol.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads