1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

@gerg99 tees look good but dem shoessss[​IMG]

2. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

thanks bruh... that ub forum on niketalk has done me good this past year hahaha

3. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

How so?

4. japejapejape

japejapejape Senior member

@gerg99
    what are your stats and what size did you get in the tees?

5. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

if you can keep your forum game tight they post a lot of links as soon as UBs drop on whatever random site. and tons good info on drop times, stockists, etc. usually beats the info you see on sneaker twitters by a couple minutes, so if you're on when a link goes up, you got a leg up there. that's how i lucked out on reigning champs and triple blacks -- happened to be following the thread when someone posted they were droppin em at adidas soho. prob was in the first 15 to get there and line up

6. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

i'm about 5'7, 155lbs, pretty wide in the upper body area and got a medium which was spot on for me. i think on paper i should be a small based on my stats but with my build i go with a medium otherwise things get too snug up in the chest.

1 person likes this.
  7. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

lololol yes it's trouble

8. Cole87

Cole87 Senior member

People with the hitops, how narrow are they? Compared to, like, MMM gats if anyone has both. I'm thinking of picking up some white ones and letting them get dirty cause I think it'd look good, but if it's a narrow shoe, it won't work for me. MMM gats squeeze the shit out of my feet.

9. Falkor

Falkor Member

So I haven't purchased anything from JE since they droped the + Co in there name. I had all mercer tee's and tanks, grey and black villain and dual zips, along with escobar's in different colors. I haven't really found a need to purchase much more from them for my wardrobe in the cozy wear department I recently found a pair of the KITO stack sweat pants on sale for $169CAD, I couldn't pass that up. I think this is my return to JE again!

Another note, I still wear everything I bought from 2014 and they're all in great condition and has plenty of years of wear left!

10. vaeMD

vaeMD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

charcoal co-mix, overshirt, sashikos, rider.

3 people like this.
  11. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

Got my float knit today too. such a dope piece. not sure though what it is but i feel like it makes me look mad puffy from certain angles. specifically in the third pic here. what you guys think? last pic is a different boucle sweater i own from premium co for comparison. was the reason i didn't hop on the float knit at first but this JE one is nicer to dress up if i need to.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

This is not a knit that should be worn slim...

13. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

I think it looks good, but that's the same problem I had with the boucle. Certain angles made me look chubs and I'm a pretty lanky/skinny guy. Man you are all sorts of stuntin on here. 750s too? Damn son!

14. detroit313

detroit313 Senior member

You just reminded me how bad I want the creams

15. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

@nsubrmnn yeah man it threw me off a little bit.. not sure what's happning but probably just how the knit falls? gonna have to give it some thought even though it's a dope sweater. and yea 750s... tbh i got a problem bro hahahaha

@cyc wid it so what you think man i need to size up? i didn't think it looked / felt that slim on me. feel like a medium might make the puffiness even worse haha. would be full marshmallow status if i got the white.

16. nosurrender414

nosurrender414 Active Member

I think it would look better without the layering tee.

17. Cole87

Cole87 Senior member

I think it looks good. Oversized shit is made for skinny guys because it looks obviously oversized on them as a style. If I wore that, I'd look bulky and fat because I'm already 6'1 195 and need clothes that slim me down. That's my opinion, at least.

18. wurlwyde

wurlwyde Senior member

I like it with the layering tee. I think overall the 750s throw the fit off. Everything else looks solid to me. The float knit is nice.

I handled the leather puffer at Barney's. Not quite as utilitarian as say the rider but a beautiful piece.

19. srizvi722

srizvi722 Senior member

^^makes me wish I copped. Looks really good

20. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Better without tee (or no vis tee) and different shoes.

1 person likes this.