1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

John Elliott - official affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by JOHN ELLIOTT, Apr 10, 2013.

1. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

word... think i'ma keep it then. thanks for the input dudes, def helped me out. came in the mail at the office today so def didn't plan to wear it with these kicks haha although i wasn't mad at the fit with the yeezys personally. the 750 can be a very polarizing shoe haha

2. jstrath406

jstrath406 Senior member

Gonna drop some fit pics in here since it's long overdue. Have some more items from this season but this is all I have time for at the moment. 5'10" 150lbs. (Not texting in these photos just triggering the camera shutter on my phone). Not my favorite fit with the parachute but wanted to show that and the plumas.

Slate Parachute Jacket M
    Oak Mercer Half Zip S
    Slate Anti Expo S
    Plumas 29
    Vans
    [​IMG]

Kreuz Berg Hat
    Olive Iridescent Jacket M
    Alpine Raw Edge Raglan Hoodie M
    Slate Anti Expo S (first photo) Wings + Horns Melange Tee M (second photo)
    Ace Stay Cash
    Timbs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2016
    7 people like this.
  3. beans718

beans718 Senior member

i liked the fit but agree the yeezy's don't flow with it.. also that premium co sweater is horrible..

4. armantylerm

armantylerm Well-Known Member

Do the scarab jeans have the updated/latest (skinnier?) fit? See them on JE and Saks site. Looks less tapered in the leg than the newer fits, but I can't tell.

Also, for those owning CP Chelseas.. worth it on sale (~300-350)? Are they roomy in the shaft making stacking awkward with JE jeans, or slim and pair well?

5. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

I like the parachute. if I can find one in small I would consider picking it up.

6. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Just got my "carbons" from mr. Porter. Weird but no mr porter boxing, NBD but got an rdv3.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    From the label it looks like the true name is washed black. Oh and they're "exclusive".

[​IMG]
    For people wondering about the color above is a comparison shot. The JE is on the left, acne carbon in the middle and acne stay cash on the right. The JE base color is the lightest of the 3, it is a true washed black. The acne carbon has a darker base with a lighter/greyer fade. The stay cash is a solid true black.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Comparison of JE vs acne carbon. IMO the JE fading is far superior. There is nice honey combing at the knees and a little distressing at the pockets. no honey combing/stacking at the hems though :(. The acnes look far more synthetic/fake (don't get me wrong I still love them). For having similar compositions (98% cotton, 2% stretch) the acnes feel like they have more stretch, but both are very soft. JE material feels superior though. Just a note for some reason my JE has 2 wash tags attached lol.

[​IMG]
    With regards to fit they EXACTLY the same dimensions (or pretty damn close). Both are a size 29 waist, the acnes were hemmed from a 34 (really a 36 because acne makes their jeans really long) to about a 32.5-33 inseam. Above is a pic of the acnes on top of the JE and they look identical. IMO the acne thin fit is the GOAT for my body type (my wife prefers the ace on me though). I've never seen two different brands of jeans cut so similar, it's pretty incredible. It's a good thing because the thins are discontinued, looks like we have a solid replacement albeit more expensive.

TL;DR: JE washed black "carbons" are dope. Size 29 fits like acne thins in a size 29/30 (depending on material), but with better materials and fading/distressing.

I can post fit pics if anyone is interested.

6 people like this.
  7. trevorxflyint

trevorxflyint Senior member

Mike replied on here a few weeks ago and said that they don't have the updated fit. However, my Scarabs (after restock) fit much slimmer than my Zincs (not newest cut), so maybe they're just a different cut all-together?

8. rs1398

rs1398 Well-Known Member

Here is also the comparison between the mr.porter indigo vs og springs both size 29.I was planning on selling a pair of my light wash jeans but the color on these is perfect. Got my raw edge hoodie in honestly not sure on the fit. It is a size medium it seems short on me (5'11 145 lbs) Thoughts on sweatshirt sizing/fit?
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

FFS man. i was thinking i had resisted getting the washed black from mr porter but the comparison pics are making me think that washed black might be worth it. i might have found someone to buy my plumas though so if they got my size i might pull the trigger...

oh and btw acne didn't discontinue thins i don't think -- i went and copped a pair at the soho store last month, but i think they're gone from their ecommerce.

10. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

damn give me those mr porter indigos in non distressed. Good pics boys! haha we got some fellow sneakerheads in here!

11. nsubrmnn

nsubrmnn Senior member

Damn those look solid! Distressing/rips/cuts is reminiscent of slp

12. rs1398

rs1398 Well-Known Member

I was going to say the same! however i know a lot of members on here are SLP guys and didn't want the backlash lol

13. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

those destroyed mr porter indigos look like such a sick wash. and def gettin the slp vibes... damn! yo you guys gotta cut it out with this shit man. my wallet about to get hurt hahaha

14. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

@nsubrmnn hmmmmm do I ditch my acne thin carbons and go for the JE ? If you could post a fit pic it would be greatly appreciated !

15. Jbidwal

Jbidwal Senior member

[​IMG]

Ss17 colors.

2 people like this.
  16. Mackp12

Mackp12 Senior member

cant waittttttttt

1 person likes this.
  17. gerg99

gerg99 Senior member

ffffffffffffffff. looks like saguaro is the green? and assuming natural will be a cream. gonna have to pass on the LS curves tho. I have both the dove and oak from a while back and although they're dope pieces i just don't wear long sleeves enough to justify. esp now that i've had a taste of the ss classic curve haha

1 person likes this.
  18. Phonzy24

Phonzy24 Active Member

I've been waiting for a pink je tee for so long! This excitement fueled my first post in ages

19. krogen

krogen Member

Got a slate flannel on sale from UNKNWN and was excited when it finally came in... but they shipped me a small instead of medium. womp womp.

20. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Try tweeting LeBron. :lol: