• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ursman

Reaction score
I'm running into a similar issue that was brought up before with the Spring and Scarab. I purchased 31s and 32s for sizing. The 31s fit really snug in all places - but not uncomfortably. 32s fit looser - but the waist area just leaves way too much room. I have no issue wearing belts - but my fear is that the 32s would just stretch to a point where they are WAY too big.

I may wait a bit longer to see how some of us find they stretch after a few wears.

bLaZ3n

Reaction score
I'm running into a similar issue that was brought up before with the Spring and Scarab. I purchased 31s and 32s for sizing. The 31s fit really snug in all places - but not uncomfortably. 32s fit looser - but the waist area just leaves way too much room. I have no issue wearing belts - but my fear is that the 32s would just stretch to a point where they are WAY too big.

I may wait a bit longer to see how some of us find they stretch after a few wears.
These were the two sizes I am torn between.. I wear a 33 in Nudie Thin Finn. 5'9 about 175... what are your measurements?

ursman

Reaction score
5'6" 165.

It's NOT the waist that's the issue. 31 waist fits just right. It's everything else.

I wear 31 in APC-PNS if you happen to wear those.

einstine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crazy to read that he's working with Blackmeans on the upcoming leathers. That means the quality should be seriously top-tier...but it also means that the $1600 MSRP of the first round of riders is almost certainly gonna look cheap by comparison.

Never gonna complain about the price of the leathers, though. It took me a while to warm up to the super-trim, small-lapels design, but now I think it's one of the best riders going. And when you can make the best of something that everybody and their mother has tried their hand at, charge whatever the hell you want.

Do you own the rider? It looks anything but cheap lol. Blackmeans jackets don't sell well they were $700 on ssense just a couple months ago. I can not imagine them being that much better.

Hood Pope

Reaction score

This is the Spring wash you are talking about right? Anyone knows how much will it stretch ?

Yeah, the Spring. Looks like SLP Denim in person. Feels like it too. And there's no idea to how much it'll stretch since it came out like a few weeks ago

Callusing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you own the rider? It looks anything but cheap lol. Blackmeans jackets don't sell well they were $700 on ssense just a couple months ago. I can not imagine them being that much better.

No, I don't own any...but I never thought the riders looked cheap at all. Quite the opposite...they've looked very well-made from the first washed rider (still my favorite of the bunch) a while back. I just remember some folks being shocked by the asking price (admittedly including myself at the time), though that's probably more because it was one of his first big-ticket items and not because of any reasonable comparison to what else is out there on the market.

And I won't profess to understand exactly why Blackmeans isn't selling, but I'd hazard a guess that when SSENSE is stocking a couple dozen leather riders, and some of those are from a relatively no-name brand with understated design that's among the more expensive options, and they're made of sheep and cow, not the lamb and calf most high-end shoppers think they want, I'm not surprised that a lot of people pass on them.

I'm just kinda pumped that JE is working with a brand that makes leather jackets as their bread and butter. As a comparison, I dig McNairy and Our Legacy's shoes because I know Sanders makes high-quality stuff that can make the most of the designs (EDIT: Could argue similarly with Junya's work with Vanson, maybe more directly)...I'm hoping that if JE chose to work with Blackmeans, that he recognizes something in their ability to produce a damn good jacket, and that it'll either help him step up the quality with the same designs, or focus a bit more on design and a bit less on production. Either way it's a win.

If the pairing is exclusively for design purposes and less for production facilities and/or expertise, then it makes less sense to me, but I'm still interested to see the result.

Last edited:

Bertdinner2

Reaction score
im trying to file a return on the website but i cant get passed this screen. any suggestions? im on an ipad btw

suisunfleet

Reaction score
Scroll down a bit from where the popup is. There is a box to check off

@Bertdinner2 also make sure you select a refund rather than store credit if that's what you're after. Someone pointed out that it defaults to store credit unless you specify.

mcnicol21

Reaction score
Kith just stocked some John Elliott items on their website including the Boucle sweater, sweats, and tights

johnelliottfan

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The Kendo tights in boucle are absolutely boss by the way... I bought them a few months back when they popped up on Rodengray. Anyone looking for some tights to wear underneath some black shorts - I would HIGHLY recommend these.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads