• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans with an odd jacket, the right way

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are your thoughts on a navy blazer with jeans ? Something like this, though it looks as if hes wearing a navy suit jacket rather than a SC, ignore the tie
grayzurbruegg20100813_0003.jpg

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Not too into it. The colors are too close to one another. As discussed earlier, I think a sportcoat should really be more "sporty" when worn with jeans.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
^ Not too into it. The colors are too close to one another. As discussed earlier, I think a sportcoat should really be more "sporty" when worn with jeans.

I don't think it has to be sporty, but it does appear to be an orphaned suit jacket.

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
What are your thoughts on a navy blazer with jeans ?

I'm repping that very combo today in fact. I think as long as they textures are obviously different, or the colours aren't too similar, then it's all good.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, I plan to make another attempt at doing this look this winter.

My plans include:

Suede chukkas
Shorter sportcoats
No pocket square
No tie unless forced at gunpoint.

KingOfTheForum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
What are your thoughts on a navy blazer with jeans ?

Something like this, though it looks as if hes wearing a navy suit jacket rather than a SC, ignore the tie

grayzurbruegg20100813_0003.jpg

Looks like this guy had an accident in the bathroom and needed to find replacement pants.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think a SC made of these cloths (the middle one in the first pic- the one with blue overcheck) would look OK with jeans ? The blue overcheck to go somewhat with the color of the jeans and standard glen plaid design otherwise.
e0147787_1245543.jpg
e0147787_22171983.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I don't get it. If you feel you have to wear a proper dress shirt/tie combo, a sportcoat/suit jacket, then don't wear jeans with sockless loafers. Mullet.

I see you more as a jean jacket with wool office pants type.

You know, opposite.

- B

suited&booted

Reaction score
J, this is may be my first posting to you but I have been reading your posts now and then and admire your journey.

If I may, we both live in warmer Asian climes with colourful ethnic aesthetics around us. I feel that this calls for touches of colour in our clothes. Why be drab and Protestant in the heat and swirling colurful bazaar that is Asia?

I used to follow the Brit-style until a few months ago and decided the Italian light and colourful style suited my lifestyle more due to similarities in physique and climate. I do travel a lot around Asia and a few times to northern Europe so the monochromatic or colour subtlety of the Brit-style does get an airing especially in winter or in meetings with the banks in Tokyo or HK.

BTW, I would go with blue overcheck in the middle pic and the glen one too. In fact Gshen has some vintage plaid SC fabric in B&S now. The purple overcheck in your pic is very ballsy. I like that too.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
because a) i work in a casual environment; and b) am in and out of a kitchen all day, i frequently wear jeans and jackets. since i started actually paying attention to how things work (apres SF), i have noticed a few things ... some have been touched on already. IMHO, jeans and suit jackets are a tough match, the textures rarely seem to me to jibe. but jeans with sports jackets that have a more casual texture, I really like. Jeans and tweeds are great. Jeans and linen or flax are great. Jeans and blue jackets are a little problematic on a couple of fronts. First, as the previous photo indicated, when worn with a tie it can look like you've simply picked out the wrong pair of pants, especially if the jeans are dark enough to be close to the jacket. second, texture is really important. i've got 2 blue jackets ... one an orphaned suit jacket and the other a blazer (replaced the gold buttons) in whatever you call fuzzy wool (only 1600 posts, i'm still learning). the suit jacket just does not work nearly as well as the fuzzy wool. more and more often, though, i'm pairing jeans with sweaters or casual jackets -- suede or leather or somesuch.

Reaction score
I would have to say that a jeans and jacket combination can work only without a tie. The Look otherwise is too rag-tag and juxtaposing for my taste.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
^^

you're a quick learner for a left coaster.

good teachers!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads