• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jeans in Japan: Quick Responses Apppreciated

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm currently in Japan and wanted to check out some denim. I posted a topic awhile back about PBJ's, but I'm also wondering if there are any other jeans that are significantly cheaper in Japan then buying from some retailer in USA? Any suggestions? Obviously due to the time limit (two more days) I don't want to go anywhere crazy out of place from the tourist spots I should hit up. Mainly looking for locations in Harujuku and shiznit.

Slamdog

Reaction score
as far as harajuku goes, their main thing are obscure botique brands that many of us havent even heard about, unique styles that you cant get anywhere else. they arent cheap, but you'll have something you wont see other people outside japan have.

mainstream brands like edwin, evisu, and lvc are usually cheaper.

also ask on superfuture as there are a lot of people knowledgeable on japanese denim.

a lot of the great denim shops are in osaka though, which you probably wont wanna go all that way unless you have a rail pass or extra cash.

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
45rpm seems to have around a 30% markup here in the states, if that's something you want to look at. Outside of Sugarcane though, I don't think any of the other brands have obscene markups.

You should probably be less concerned about the money you can save and use the opportunity to find the perfect fit. Actually, you may want to take a look at some Japanese Evisu while you're there, since they are pretty hard to get over here and you can get them in Japan without gulls.

Check out the maps at http://www.indigofan.com/indigofan/index.html

It looks like Harajuku has Omnigod, Fullcount, Fab Four (Skull), PBJ, Evisu (from what I remember), and probably more.

iamaloser

Reaction score
Go to the first vaguely asian person you see, and kick them in the shins several times while shouting "Selvage" at them. This not only introduces you to the nation of Japan as a denim connoisseur, it also invokes respect in all but the lowliest of curs. As you are in Harajaku, I reccomend visiting your local emperor and rifling through his pants drawer. This is a hot spot for denim that is as of yet unknown to tourists, so don't tell anyone
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads