1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Jean substitutes for summer

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by maraca2020, May 1, 2013.

1. maraca2020

maraca2020 Well-Known Member

I'm looking to swap out my jeans for the summer months with another type of pant, maybe slightly dressier, in a lighter, more summery fabric. I've already got some understated seersucker pants and light chinos, but I'm looking for something I could wear most days and wear in/beat up like a good pair of jeans. Thanks

2. TiberiasUSA

TiberiasUSA Senior member

Since you already have seer sucker and light chino's, maybe a linen or linen blend ie linen cotton

pretty versatile and great for summer

1 person likes this.
  3. GBR

GBR Senior member

Jeans are in their own league for wear and so anything else will not be as robust - although you may be willing to throw them away instead.

4. CodPiece

CodPiece Senior member

There are lightweight denim weaves currently being discussed on the Blue Owl Workshop thread.

5. maraca2020

What about light grey tropical wool trousers? Are they relatively versatile to wear with just an open-collared shirt? Thanks

6. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

No. Lightweight wool is not known for durability. Poplin cotton is reasonably durable and lightweight, though it isn't very breathable (not great for humid heat).

7. add911_11

add911_11 Senior member

Chinos is for beating.

For a good summer trouser, nothing is complete without a pair of fresco 2ply sand, wheat or beige trouser.

8. Davidof

Davidof Member

Light weight canvas pants which actually rocked in 2010 are also good option as substitute for denim. They were rocking in 2010 and i personally bought 3 colors Navy, Olive and khakis and still wear them most. Now a days it is very hard to find one of those but i feel very good choice.

9. maraca2020

Thanks, any brand recommendations?

10. Hayward

Hayward Senior member

11. Davidof

Davidof Member

I bought one from Dockers and one from BB but don't know if they are still offering these anymore.

12. maraca2020

Thanks, what about open weave pants?

13. comrade

comrade Senior member

Seven for all Mankind has jeans in many non blue versions, several of which are
    linen blends and the like. Also, I own Mabitex that slacks are linen or a linen blend.
    I am not sure. Main point is , is that they are sturdy and don't wrinkle much like
    most linen.

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  14. MyOtherLife

MyOtherLife Senior member