• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jean Shop fits, who's tried them?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw some Jean Shops online and thought they were interesting. They show both a straight leg and a rocker style. Anyone try these and know how they fit? Also, they look raw, so any experience with the extent to which they shrink/stretch, as well as how the waists run is appreciated.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
getsmart has....

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
getsmart has....

Thanks. Hopefully he reads my posts, lol
biggrin.gif

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Yea I have the straight skinny fit in raw orange selvage

tag size is 29, actual size is 31 waist...hem opening is about 7.25"

The jeans got **** on by a bunch of my friend's birds so they ended up in the wash much sooner than needed, so after 1 wash the color stayed nice and dark, the waist shrank back to a 31 (had stretched out to about 32ish) and the inseam shrank down 1.5"

Great jeans, I never paid attention to them cuz of the ****** name "Jean Shop" but they fit and look great. Currently my faves.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Yea I have the straight skinny fit in raw orange selvage

tag size is 29, actual size is 31 waist...hem opening is about 7.25"

The jeans got **** on by a bunch of my friend's birds so they ended up in the wash much sooner than needed, so after 1 wash the color stayed nice and dark, the waist shrank back to a 31 (had stretched out to about 32ish) and the inseam shrank down 1.5"

Great jeans, I never paid attention to them cuz of the ****** name "Jean Shop" but they fit and look great. Currently my faves.

Is the straight skinny different from the straight leg shown on Neimans website? Those don't look super skinny, but I wouldn't imagine they have too many similar fits.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I don't really know but I'm betting it's a different cut. I'd guess a 'straight leg' jean in my size would probably have an 8" hem (instead of just over 7")

I didnt try on any other cuts so couldnt tell you from experience.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really know but I'm betting it's a different cut. I'd guess a 'straight leg' jean in my size would probably have an 8" hem (instead of just over 7")

I didnt try on any other cuts so couldnt tell you from experience.

Thanks. So if I have my RRDS in a 31, my Acne Mics in a 32 and my ES Fulton in a 32 (which are a touch loose), am I best off with a 30, especially if I'm looking at a style that's a bit larger than the ones you got?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh, one more thing, I'm looking at both the raw and rinse, if I'm planning to soak them in short order anyhow, should I just go rinse and save $30?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
I've tried the rocker. Couldn't give you a real idea on the fit as they were starched to hell and looked like dark blue folded cardboard but I went 30 (normally a 32) and they were fine on my waist. I'm sure they'd end up fitting fine down the line but I'm more about instant gratification when it comes to jeans and would hate to invest like that only to regret the decision down the line.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
Oh, one more thing, I'm looking at both the raw and rinse, if I'm planning to soak them in short order anyhow, should I just go rinse and save $30?

the rinse is cheaper? usually the raw ones cost less, since nothing was done to them so no extra time/labor was involved. me, even if I were to plan on soaking them shortly, I'd still want the raws

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the rinse is cheaper? usually the raw ones cost less, since nothing was done to them so no extra time/labor was involved. me, even if I were to plan on soaking them shortly, I'd still want the raws

I ended up going with the raws. Reason: When I see one-wash jeans they are always super wrinkled, whereas when I soak them I don't do it in a huge industrial machine and I lay them flat to dry on a sheet, all smoothed out and everything. I think the overall effect is cleaner and dressier, which is the point of these jeans.

Also, I think I ended up with the classic cut, based on the pics on the website I got from (Neimans).

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I meant to ask you about the results of the wash: I know you said the color stayed dark, but did the tone change much and get bluer/greener/grayer? Did you just do cold, minimal soap (well, enough to tackle bird ****), and hang dry?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads