• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jared Lays Off the Subway Sandwiches

BDC2823

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
that's what i thought at that time. and a few more times down my life path

Seriously that's bad. If I had a friend call me in the middle of the night broken down (similar to your scenario), I'd get out of bed and go pick him up. Just leaving you there because it's a bit out of his way is just cold.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BDC2823
Seriously that's bad. If I had a friend call me in the middle of the night broken down (similar to your scenario), I'd get out of bed and go pick him up. Just leaving you there because it's a bit out of his way is just cold.

+1. Pretty crappy move for bro'nuff.

hossoso

Coward and P*ssy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ben Gurion
The only time I was there in Paris, I was attended by a pie noir and got diarrea.

I'm pretty sure he put some laxant in my bagette.

Anybody else wondering what this post is about?

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JetBlast
+1. Pretty crappy move for bro'nuff.

...and yet the worst part of Sho's day was still the two hours he spent watching "The Phantom Menace"!

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
^i own that movie and watched it several dozen times. not because i like it, but because it usually is the last dvd stuck in the player and im too lazy to get off the couch to go change it to watch something.

i agree. my brother is sort of like that. you can see how worse and more complicated things get now that he's married and has count it three kids. it is such a headache to spend time with them. he argues and rationalizes pretty well what he does. and what his kidz do. but me? my wife? he'll send us to hell if he had the power for doing something he thinks is offending or whateverz.

Originally Posted by BDC2823

of course. that goes without saying. i think any decent friend or brother would do this. i wouldnt even give it a thought (unlike the op in the do you do altruistic things for a payback). ive done stuff like this alot and im sure we all had. not my brother.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
someone i know saw jared at a restaurant a couple years ago. he was eating onion rings! saw this coming
laugh.gif

Slopho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mickey711
According to BusinessWeek , Subway launched a marketing campaign promoting the $5 footlong , which proved to be pretty successful.

Well, according to Slopho, the $5 foot long ad campaign was actually based off of a franchisee who was losing money at his Subway location and decided to make "$5 footlongs"!!

Now stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sho'nuff
TRUE STORY:

i am grateful for Subway.
in 1999 for the premier of Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, I drove all the way to Westwood Village to meet my brother to see the midnight showing on the night it came out Thursday at i forgot which cinema it was at but I parked in a public parking garage right next to it and when the movie was over at around 2:45AM, we came out to see that the garage was CLOSED. the metal door was shut and I had my car in there. really stupid, dont they know there were people still at the movies??
anyways, my brother just ditched me, wouldnt take me back home (a bit out of his way but he never helped me out in any fashion or went the extra mile in any time for anyone in his family) and just told me it was my problem.

ok, so after trying to find someone to open the garage, calling the 800 number (no help) and so forth, i went over to the Subway that is 24 hours. i had no cell phone at that time, and no money or cc so i just sat there in a booth table at Subway with a cup of water till 7AM when they reopened the garage. i got my car out and went straight to work without any sleep or preparation. ******* garage and ******* 'brother'

anyways, i was grateful the subway was open for me or i would have been out in the street for 5+ hours.

Originally Posted by teddieriley
^^Did you order anything? I think the only thing edible is the meatball sandwich, and that requires a mean craving on my part to want to even consider Subway as a meal. And the gf loathes the place.

These are the two saddest stories that I have ever read.

I am actually weeping right now.

The inhumanity!

- B

mickey711

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slopho
Well, according to Slopho, the $5 foot long ad campaign was actually based off of a franchisee who was losing money at his Subway location and decided to make "$5 footlongs"!!

Now stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

I didn't say anything about the origin of the campaign, just that Subway started the adverting campaign. That would require the presupposition that I haven't read the subtitle of the article or the article itself. I'd be a complete moron if I did that.

Originally Posted by JayJay
I hate hearing those commercials, but the awful songs do tend to stick in my mind.

That was the point of the commercials.

The idea was to use hand gestures and an irritatingly addictive jingle to convey both the price (five fingers) and the product (hands spread about a foot apart). MMB also shot on a soundstage, giving the commercial a stylized, campy look.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I will look at his picture everyday as an incentive to keep up my cardio.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics