• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

agedashidofu

Reaction score

Sorry for off topic.
@nutcracker: Do you know anywhere in tokyo I could add the metal toe taps to my shoes, or at least buying one then go to local repaired shop and asking them probably do it for me.

thanks for your reply. How much was that in hankyu and isetan men???

~5,000 jpy
At hankyu men you can choose the finishing (brass / nickel) as well as the shape (half moon or trapezoid? If your shoes have a squarish welt)

FYI they also do custom laces (flat, round, in so many colors, with brassed tips) - so might want to check that out as well.

Oh and if you're in the market for custom belts - they do that too, in the same place where you would bring your shoes for the metal toe tips. You get to choose the buckle, leather, etc

Enjoy!!!

Last edited:

Jtchinoy

Reaction score
Has anyone purchased made to order shoes from Madras? I was interested in getting some brown monk straps made at the Ikebukuro branch, but I'm concerned about quality since their RTW are in the 30k range. At 55k for MTO, I can't help but be interested.

amdor

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get in touch with Imai Hiroki or where MTOs can be ordered please? He used to have a website and web store but the links to those do not work anymore thanks!

Jtchinoy

Reaction score
After some contemplating, I went ahead and ordered some brown monk straps from Madras. Turns out their base order is blake stitched and their higher tier order is blake rapid.
The options on their website is from the blake options. It seems like the blake rapid options are only shown in store.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So TURNRIGHT KAMIOKA is a taiwan owned company making shoes in Laos, correct? I'm definitely interested as 1) I didn't even know there were any decent shoes being made there let alone a possible rising market and 2) I don't mind supporting my fellow countrymen.

Yes it is. They contracted UK guys to teach them how to make better dress shoes.

Their factory is at the kanji equivalent of kamioka, turn right at the highway exit to get there. Hence the name.

Last edited:

mbjerggaard

Reaction score
Any recommendations for shoe trees in Tokyo? Efficient without breaking the bank. Preferably around Shinjuku but open to other areas.

Last edited:

Jacke

Reaction score
Any recommendations for shoe trees in Tokyo? Efficient without breaking the bank. Preferably around Shinjuku but open to other areas.

Tokyu hands have shoe trees. I have no idea about the quality, but some of the trees looked OK.

Jtchinoy

Reaction score

Tokyu hands have shoe trees. I have no idea about the quality, but some of the trees looked OK.

I was there the other day. The red cedars are 7000 yen, which is strange because I got mine in Isetan for 6000 and was quoted 6000 at Madras as well.

letsi

Reaction score

~5,000 jpy
At hankyu men you can choose the finishing (brass / nickel) as well as the shape (half moon or trapezoid? If your shoes have a squarish welt)

FYI they also do custom laces (flat, round, in so many colors, with brassed tips) - so might want to check that out as well.

Oh and if you're in the market for custom belts - they do that too, in the same place where you would bring your shoes for the metal toe tips. You get to choose the buckle, leather, etc

Enjoy!!!

Thanks for the information.
Would you also know how much it cost to do a resole for Goodyear welt soles?
Any chance that the leather insole is changed together with the resole?

ThunderMarch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information.
Would you also know how much it cost to do a resole for Goodyear welt soles?
Any chance that the leather insole is changed together with the resole?

Very unlikely.
Changing the insole would require a full re-crafting, which would require the original last that was used for the shoe, and also the gemming and welting to be completely re-done.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads