• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
While we have Okuyama on our mind, why not some pictures :)

Masaru Okuyama
Green One Piece Wholecut, Mr.Y, Beijing

Masaru Okuyama FB

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

...come on, SF mods, nutcracker should receive some virtual glory for his content. How about a promotion from senior member to the Boyer of Japanese shoe Appreciation?

2nd the motion, all in favour?

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ayes have it.

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
SPIGOLA CAPOLAVORO MTO Trunk Show @ United Arrows Roppongi Men's Store
6/20 (Thurs) ~6/22 (Sat)
Price: Starting from ¥126,000 ($1300 USD or so)

Shoeshine maestro Matsumuro will be there on Thursday to do some quick shoe shining.

As I mentioned quite earlier, the SPIGOLA MTO Trunk Fair is coming up next weekend. I don't think I'll be ordering one, but I may show up.
I recall some member wanting to go, feel free to pm me if you're planning to.

Last edited:

TehBunny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else think the 'stamps' on Freudenberg leather are fuarking beautiful i.e.; from Marquess's blogspot:
^Il Micio's shoes are crazy awesome; who did he work with before starting up on his won perchance, as his style is quite aggressive IMO and am wondering where he gets this from?

nutcracker

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Does anyone else think the 'stamps' on Freudenberg leather are fuarking beautiful i.e.; from Marquess's blogspot: ^Il Micio's shoes are crazy awesome; who did he work with before starting up on his won perchance, as his style is quite aggressive IMO and am wondering where he gets this from?
+1 on the Stamp :D I wonder if that stamp is an indicator for being a vintage deadstock. Not sure if the current 'Freudenburg by Weinheimer' still uses that stamp. Fukaya (Il Micio) used to be a fashion designer (quite a promising one) before he went full time on shoemaking. He learned from a fellow named Alessandro Stella, and later from Roberto Ugolini. Those photo posted by BM must be from a fellow member Gazman who (I recall) owns couple of pairs of Il Micio shoes.

Last edited:

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Does anyone else think the 'stamps' on Freudenberg leather are fuarking beautiful

+1 on the Stamp :D I wonder if that stamp is an indicator for being a vintage deadstock. Not sure if the current 'Freudenburg by Weinheimer' still uses that stamp.

The Freudenberg tannery (based in Weinheim, Germany) closed down in 2001/02. Weinheimer leather is a management buy-out, using the Freudenberg formulae and recipes but not the Weinheim production facilities. The leather is produced by tannery Kegar in Poland and sold/distributed from Weinheim.

http://weinheimer-leder.com/welcome.html

I have seen old images of this Freudenberg logo, it is possible that all Freudenberg hides were marked this way, but it might only have been done for the display articles at one of the leather fairs. Weinheimer does not use the logo (all the items I have seen had a 'Weinheimer' paper sticker), nor does Weinheimer use (officially) the Freudenberg name in any of it's products..

In this case, the Freudenberg leather might indeed be dead-stock; they could even be ex-display hides and of superior quality. Whether or not it is desirable for leather to be stored for a decade or more, is somewhat questionable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads