• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jantzen, Reliable at last?

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bc78
Got them yesterday. So less than two weeks from order to delivery.

Would you please tell us which fabrics you ordered and how you like them? Thanks!

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
Do you guys think anything more slim than this picture would be too tight? Mine are slimmer than this.

Well he's not terribly slim in the waist, but particularly the chest looks plenty tight enough. You need a little slack there to be able to move freely.

Hobbs

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jc138
Looks really great, but wash it a couple times before making adjustments.

Any chance we could get a close-up of the fabric?

Thanks, Ataturk has already posted a better quality picture of the fabric here than I ever could.

Originally Posted by Ataturk
Longer sleeves yes, form fitting no. That's plenty slim.

Thanks.

bc78

Reaction score
Would you please tell us which fabrics you ordered and how you like them? Thanks!

Sure.

1. Jantzen*2274, Light Lavender Nail Head French Oxford, 100's, 2 Ply, 100% Italian Cotton

Thick fabric, pretty nice. Perhaps a little paler than I would have liked.

2. Jantzen*2276, Light Pink Nail Head French Oxford, 100's, 2 Ply, 100% Italian Cotton

I like this one quite a bit. Substantial fabric, good color.

3.#11, Super Fine White Plain Cotton, 140's, 2Ply, 100% Sea Island Cotton

Pretty nice. Very light summer weight shirt.

4. Jantzen*2272, Light Blue Nail Head French Oxford, 100's, 2 Ply, 100% Italian Cotton
5. Jantzen*2245, Light Blue End on End, 100's, 2 Ply, 100% Italian Cotton

I can't really tell the difference between 4 and 5. If I had to guess I'd say 2245 is the one I prefer, 2272 is a bit too light. It almost looks like a very pale grey.

Anyone have a suggestion for a lightweight blue fabric? I'm looking for a medium blue, not too light, but not anywhere close to french blue.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Great, thanks!

I'm curious what a "french oxford" looks like. Is it a fine oxford like a pinpoint?

Could you describe it or take a picture? Thanks again.

bc78

Reaction score
Great, thanks! I'm curious what a "french oxford" looks like. Is it a fine oxford like a pinpoint? Could you describe it or take a picture? Thanks again.
Basically just an oxford that seems a bit higher quality because it is softer. I think it is pretty similar to a pinpoint. Looks solid but when you get right up next to it it seems more like a nailhead. I'll take a pic when I get home.

djtracer21

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack this thread but just want your input before I take measurements of this shirt.

I want a versatile shirt that I can use for the office and untucked with jeans. I am so sick and tired of the blousy dress shirts that I have been getting. Funny thing is, the shirt I am wearing in the photo is a shirt my wife bought for me from a Holt Renfrew sample sale for $10. To me it is slim enough to wear (just need some adjustments especially the collar size).

I have been a little gun shy from ordering from Jantzen but after I get your input I will measure the shirt and make adjustments and start my MTM shirt journey. Thanks!

Critique away! Fabric recommendations for a basic light blue dress shirt will be great. Does anyone have any feedback with regards to the Extra Fine cotton fabric? I need something thick and substantial.

http://img2.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=img2130v.jpg

elippsis

Reaction score
I think the armholes can be smaller and the sleeves a touch shorter...otherwise, I think it looks pretty good.

crazy808

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hobbs
I received my first order today, placed on 21st March.

jantzen1.jpg

jantzen2.jpg

jantzen3.jpg

This is the 8046 fabric with a "form" fitting. I need to get longer sleeves next time and perhaps go for the slim fit fitting.

Thoughts?

Kudos to all posting pics of their Jantzens. However, this picture best summarizes my frustration with their fabrics. Notice how the sleeves wrinkle without so much as a couple bends at the elbow.

Any thoughts as to which of their fabrics are the most "wrinkle resistant"?

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bc78
Basically just an oxford that seems a bit higher quality because it is softer. I think it is pretty similar to a pinpoint. Looks solid but when you get right up next to it it seems more like a nailhead. I'll take a pic when I get home.

Softer, but what about thickness? A good oxford is usually pretty substantial in weight, no? I am still curious to see how they look, too.

Originally Posted by crazy808
Kudos to all posting pics of their Jantzens. However, this picture best summarizes my frustration with their fabrics. Notice how the sleeves wrinkle without so much as a couple bends at the elbow.

Any thoughts as to which of their fabrics are the most "wrinkle resistant"?

Sleeves do tend to wrinkle no matter what fabric you've got, though Jantzens do seem bad about it. I always put a little sizing on my sleeves and at the end of the day the Jantzens seemed to be about where any other shirt would be, but I don't wear must-iron shirts much anymore, so take my experience for what it's worth.

randob300

Reaction score
Ordered April 1, at my door today. It's my first 'test' shirt, but I'm pretty close. Will order more after I get a feel for shinkage.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randob300
Ordered April 1, at my door today. It's my first 'test' shirt, but I'm pretty close. Will order more after I get a feel for shinkage.

What fabric did you get and how do you like it?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hobbs
I received my first order today, placed on 21st March.

jantzen1.jpg

jantzen2.jpg

jantzen3.jpg

This is the 8046 fabric with a "form" fitting. I need to get longer sleeves next time and perhaps go for the slim fit fitting.

Thoughts?

Tough to tell, but it looks like the sleeveheads don't fall evenly. You might bring the right shoulder in 1/4" or so. I'd also consider asking for higher/narrower armholes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads