• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jaisel's Wear & Tear Raw Denim Competition

joshyle

Reaction score
Hey Style Forumites,

I'm emerging from under my bridge to let you know about a local denim comp that I'm hosting through the store I work at, Jaisel, in Edmonton, Canada.

I've been planning on doing this for some time, but all the planning and logistics are nuts. I have much much more respect for all the brave souls who host comps here.

Anywho, take a peek and let me know what you think? I have big plans for it - I'm pretty stoked, I'm not gonna lie.

Jaisel-Banner_01-e1314984893280.jpg

Details on website: http://www.jaisel.ca/2011/09/wear-tear-raw-denim-competiton-details/

Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=158682357552582

-----

Jaisel presents one of the first of its kind in Canada: Wear & Tear Raw Denim Competition. It's the quest to find the best pair of jeans. Buy a new pair of raw denim and wear it over a 7 month period. The competitors with the best jeans at the end will win a new pair of denim. Everyone will have their perfect jeans.

WHAT IS RAW DENIM:

Raw denim is denim that’s dyed, unwashed and not distressed. Raw denim gets better with more wear because it molds, creases and fades to your body and lifestyle. Instead of buying designer denim, you design it yourself. Raw denim is the journey toward your perfect jeans. Once you go raw, you never go back.

COMPETITION OVERVIEW:

Start date: Date of purchase between July 1, 2011 and September 30, 2011.

End date: 7 months after your date of purchase.

- A July 1, 2011 start date means a February 1, 2012 end date. A September 30, 2011 start date means an April 30, 2012 end date.

The competition will be divided into 4 groups:

- Levi’s
- MINEDRD
- Naked and Famous Denim
- Nudie Jeans

You will be placed in the brand of your jeans for the brand prize. We will also be giving a grand prize to the overall best denim of the competition.

Judging for the grand and brand prize will be based on official competition-end photos.

HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE CONTEST:

1) Buy a new pair of raw denim* or bring in your new pair (purchased between July 1, 2011 and September 30, 2011) to Jaisel.
2) Complete a registration form.
3) Get your starting competition photo taken (of you and your jeans) at Jaisel.
4) Live life and bring your jeans along for the journey.

* Jeans DO NOT have to be purchased at Jaisel, but in order to enter a non-Jaisel purchased pair of raw denim, we require a $10 processing fee and proof of purchase (to verify the purchase date and determine the competition start and end date). Raw denim purchased at Jaisel will have their $10 processing fee waived.

DENIM MEET-UPS:

Every month, Jaisel will host denim meet-ups to foster the Edmonton denim community. Meet fellow denimheads (AKA denim enthusiasts) and/or just come to learn more about denim culture. Meet-ups will alternate between being hosted at Jaisel and other establishments on Whyte Ave. Meet-ups at Jaisel will include door prizes, exclusive denim goodies and competitor-only sales. Stay tuned for more details.

DENIM WORKSHOPS:

Every 2-3 months, Jaisel will host a denim workshop to teach you more denim. Topics will include the construction of denim, repair tips and tricks. Stay tuned.

MONTHLY PHOTOS:

- Come in once a month for progress shots.
- Each monthly progress shot will give you a chance to win a $100 gift certificate to Jaisel (max 1 entry per month).
- If you come in for all the progress photos, you get 5 additional entries into the draw.

Photos are NOT mandatory. You don’t want to miss out on documenting the evolution of your jeans – that’s half the fun.

VOTING:

- Voting will take place between May 1, 2012 and May 15, 2012 on our website and/or our Facebook Page.
- The voting will be split 50/50 between public and industry votes.
- Results will be announced by May 31, 2012.

PRIZES:

Grand prize: A $200 gift certificate to Jaisel for the overall best denim of the competition.

Brand prize: The winner from each group will receive a free pair of jeans from the current season of the same brand.

Additional prizes: Take the best photo of/in your jeans. Judging will take the same format as above. Each side competition winner will win a $50 gift certificate to Jaisel. We’re leaving it up to your interpretation on how to compose the picture.

- The most adventurous photo
- The most artistic photo of your jeans
- The best denim outfit.

Participation prize: All competitors will receive awesome swag from their brand. The swag won’t be for sale in-store anywhere.

Monthly photo draw: The draw will take place at the end of competition. Entries are from getting your monthly progress photo taken. The prize is a $100 gift certificate to Jaisel.

PERKS:

Throughout the competition, all competitors will receive 10% off all purchases at Jaisel.
You’ll create the best jeans you’ve owned in your life.
We’re getting you deals at surrounding Whyte Ave establishments. Stay tuned.

If you have any questions about the competition, email denimcomp [at] jaisel.ca.

-----

Let me know what y'all think.

Cheers,
Josh

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads