• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jade Yoga Mats

nomed

Reaction score
I wonder how many people on this site do yoga? I do, but i ******* hate it. It defiantly improves every accept of my physical fitness, but i would never make it my only form of exercise.

thanx for the info though, i'll probably buy an all natural rubber mat once my current one becomes unusable.

mfj20th

Reaction score
I'm really yoga committed...it's changed my surfing, volleyball and jiu jitsu amazingly....It's one of those things that will click for you at some point...it's great to have that 1.5 hours just to focus on breathing, positions, and quiet....
peace,
Mj

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I use a Manduka black mat after wearing holes into my generic mat. It's very padded (1/4-inch thick), mostly doesn't slip, heavy as heck (7 lbs), has a lifetime warranty, and seems indestructible. The Jade sounds good, too but I've never used one.

--Andre

nomed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mfj20th
I'm really yoga committed...it's changed my surfing, volleyball and jiu jitsu amazingly....It's one of those things that will click for you at some point...it's great to have that 1.5 hours just to focus on breathing, positions, and quiet....
peace,
Mj

Yeah, i'm not a very peaceful person, and 1.5 hours of it frustrates the living hell out of me. Your right about it starting to "click" though, it's getting easier.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
I use a Manduka black mat after wearing holes into my generic mat. It's very padded (1/4-inch thick), mostly doesn't slip, heavy as heck (7 lbs), has a lifetime warranty, and seems indestructible. The Jade sounds good, too but I've never used one. --Andre
That Manduka sounds great. They make an extra long version too! Thanks for the rec AY.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I enjoy doing yoga also, but I only do it once a week. I would do it more but it kills my wrists.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
For the last six weeks, I've been doing 30 minutes of yoga each morning. Has been great.
With only one ball to be squeezed I bet it is.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yoga is awesome. You get out what you put in though, so I can see how people can make it their only exercise. Just up the intensity. It feels wonderful to find that pleasure/pain threshold.

Here's a little tip for Yogis out there....when doing your asanas, try to stretch a little more during the exhale. Your body is more elastic when you are exhaling and you can see rapid, dramatic progress doing that.

That is all.

konadog

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
That Manduka sounds great. They make an extra long version too! Thanks for the rec AY.

i have the extra long manuka black mat pro and it's great. got it on ebay at a really good price. heavy, but should last forever.

BP348

Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack but how does one even get started with Yoga? Are there decent DVD's you can buy for people who want to learn?

Cavalier

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BP348
Don't mean to hijack but how does one even get started with Yoga?

I am interested as well

Seems like there would be plenty of eye candy, and who knows, girls might be looking for some "healthy" stylish dude who obviously isn't a member of a frat for dating + possible sechs

FlaneurNYC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BP348
Don't mean to hijack but how does one even get started with Yoga? Are there decent DVD's you can buy for people who want to learn?

Find a studio nearby and see when they have beginner classes. A DVD is great, but there's nothing like live instruction. Lots of studios even offer beginner package deals where they guide you through the basics.

I've been doing it for about six or seven years and now it's my only regular exercise. I do an hour and a half five or six days a week and that's all the time I have for regular exercise. I ride my mountain bike and do other sports like water skiing on the weekends and vacations and the yoga definitely enhances it.

I can stand on my hands, my head, my forearms with ease, which is kinda cool. And my stress level is definitely lower.

RE: Jade mats. I use one and it's the best mat I've ever had. Doesn't slip and is really long lasting. A little spray of a water and tea tree oil after a class and the mat never gets that rank mat odor. Recommended.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads