• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the Jax. Old school charm for the modern age. Those Eyevans look great as well.

Breh. With all my respect to a page 17 feller: Chillax.

“Yeah so no” is widely used today in informal conversation and can be heard on radio, television, movie shows, and random conversations on the street. The young people use it to say “I understand what you’re saying, and here’s my take on it.”

I also use “IT’S NOT OK!” (All capitals for shouting.). This is commonly used to show unjustified extreme outrage.

“Wow. Just….wow” is used by the whipper snappers to show shocking disbelief while feigning an inner calm.

I have used all of these sayings in accordance modern societal norms, however crazy and nonsensical they maybe. For my message to be received, it must be understood by the intended audience. There are many whipper snappers who would otherwise not grasp the depth of my emotion unless I use extreme and hyperbolic phrases. Tis the nature of our modern society, regrettable as it is.

Kindly stop policing my written word. I endeavor to remain relevant by using the latest vernacular used by the young whipper snappers.

That being said, I will entertain no additional comments on this fabricated controversy, as it detracts from our collective enthusiasm for JMM (Jacques Marie Mage). Move along. Nothing to see here; no lollygagging and/or rubbernecking.

Onward on upward, folx! Let’s hear about the excitement of upcoming purchases!
You’re a retired old geezer typing like a teenaged girl and it’s frankly ridiculous. Your ‘endeavours to remain relevant by using the latest vernaculars’ just make you seem like a clueless clown.
You constantly try to wedge these juvenile idioms into your posts and they are risible. Along with your constant use of abbreviations, followed by spelling out what the abbreviation stands for, which completely defeats the purpose of using abbreviations in the first place. I think we’ve all figured out what ‘JMM’ stands for without you having to instruct us time after time. It comes off as patronising.
No, I’m not the policeman of this forum or of this thread but since you seem to hold great stock in your tenure herein and appear to aspire to being some sort of sage JMM expert with opinions valued by the community, you’re really not doing yourself any favours with this crap.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eyevan 353E. Very JMM Jax-like. Seems like high quality. Not JMM, but very close.

View attachment 2173839

View attachment 2173841
This shape looks like a decent fit on you, with my constant corollary that heavy dark acetate frames usually look better as sunnies than opticals. What was your intention for these?

As for the Richards mentioned above, it’s an interesting shape. I remember a couple of OGs on this thread who can’t abide aviators but we usually think of aviators as wire framed. I wonder what those folks think of aviator shape with acetate frames.

This one came across my feed today (link below). Obviously not the thickness and quality of JMMs but I really like the shape and for those who dislike the aviator teardrop and / or like me don’t really get along with round frames I like this take on a ‘flattened’ more rectangular aviator shape. If JMM did a shape close to this I’d definitely be in.

ColdinMN

Reaction score
This shape looks like a decent fit on you, with my constant corollary that heavy dark acetate frames usually look better as sunnies than opticals. What was your intention for these?

As for the Richards mentioned above, it’s an interesting shape. I remember a couple of OGs on this thread who can’t abide aviators but we usually think of aviators as wire framed. I wonder what those folks think of aviator shape with acetate frames.

This one came across my feed today (link below). Obviously not the thickness and quality of JMMs but I really like the shape and for those who dislike the aviator teardrop and / or like me don’t really get along with round frames I like this take on a ‘flattened’ more rectangular aviator shape. If JMM did a shape close to this I’d definitely be in.

I’m thinking optical, but not so sure.

Maybe transitions, but the ones I’ve had recently were disappointing. Never seemed to get that dark, and took a long time to clear. Didn’t seem to be as useful as I thought.

These also come in matte black. Might be a good contrast to my Plaza Argyle and Blake Kuwahara glossy black frames.

Any other thoughts?

oudwood

Reaction score
I saw these on Instagram the other day on a style page that I follow: https://www.tbdeyewear.com/products/sunglasses-welt-eco-honey-bottle-green

I know this isn't JMM quality territory, but I think I might snag them based on such an interesting colorway. The JMM Marigold is similar, if not identical if my memory serves me correctly?

Does anyone have these frames, can comment on overall quality? (Sorry, I know this is a JMM forum, but I made a connection with the marigold colorway... lol)

Hannibal4242

Reaction score
You’re a retired old geezer typing like a teenaged girl and it’s frankly ridiculous. Your ‘endeavours to remain relevant by using the latest vernaculars’ just make you seem like a clueless clown.
You constantly try to wedge these juvenile idioms into your posts and they are risible. Along with your constant use of abbreviations, followed by spelling out what the abbreviation stands for, which completely defeats the purpose of using abbreviations in the first place. I think we’ve all figured out what ‘JMM’ stands for without you having to instruct us time after time. It comes off as patronising.
No, I’m not the policeman of this forum or of this thread but since you seem to hold great stock in your tenure herein and appear to aspire to being some sort of sage JMM expert with opinions valued by the community, you’re really not doing yourself any favours with this crap.
honestly why are you such a douche ... seems like you're on everyones dick

obecity

Reaction score
I’m thinking optical, but not so sure.

Maybe transitions, but the ones I’ve had recently were disappointing. Never seemed to get that dark, and took a long time to clear. Didn’t seem to be as useful as I thought.

These also come in matte black. Might be a good contrast to my Plaza Argyle and Blake Kuwahara glossy black frames.

Any other thoughts?
I agree that the photochromic lenses don’t get that dark unless it’s cold outside and there’s plenty of bright light. Be that as it may, I’ve become quite keen on the technology just as a safety net in case I don’t have sunglasses on me.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bwahahhaha. As someone who bought their first pair of JMM pre-owned off eBay at end of last August (2023), I'll take this as a compliment! Really curious though why you'd think this? hahaha

I just lurk on a couple of collectors groups, read/listen closely, and ask lots of questions when I visit and talk to both ADs and JMM gallerists. While I think it's somewhat amusing that you'd even think I work at JMM, I'm more amused at the idea that some of the JMM staff who monitor this forum would actually be really horrified with the idea that others would connect me with the brand lol (and I *do* think at least one if not more JMM employees scan this forum occasionally, if not regularly) as I'm def not the image any luxury brand or anyone involved in sales would want to project; think the opposite vibe of most JMM ad campaigns and you'd begin to get an idea hahaha

But thanks for the question. It was really funny to wake up to it 🤣🤣🤣

[Edit: Shameless plug -- if any actual JMM employee(s) read this and want to reach out with any paid remote side-gig opportunities (doubtful!), some of your gallerists know who I am by now and know how to contact me irl. Any extra income streams are always appreciated hahaha]

Hey @JessBob, anyone reading this thread at JMM? We were complaining about the absence of fit pics for the Richard on the website and, et voilà, they provided some.

Screenshot (1632).png
Screenshot (1633).png
Screenshot (1634).png
Screenshot (1635).png

It looks absolutely great in my eyes, certainly one of the most attractive models in the recent times.

JessBob

Reaction score
Hey @JessBob, anyone reading this thread at JMM? We were complaining about the absence of fit pics for the Richard on the website and, et voilà, they provided some.

I hate to be that guy, but.... told ya!

Like I said, I just ask questions, listen, and observe. And based on some observations, I became convinced a couple months ago that someone(s) at JMM is/are regularly reading this thread and, at times, taking action on topics or queries posted. I could still be wrong but there have been too many hints (e.g. immediate customer service reply after inattention complaint, uploaded Richard fit pics, etc.) that suggest otherwise

obecity

Reaction score

View attachment 2174677 View attachment 2174679 View attachment 2174681 View attachment 2174683

It looks absolutely great in my eyes, certainly one of the most attractive models in the recent times.
Awesome frame. Love it. I use that older feller with the square jaw (the original JMM model) to gauge size. This one is definitely too narrow for my fat mug.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads