• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol! Canadian retailer. G is for Glasses. Link will be Canadian dollars. They also have the Loewy in Wax.

Please save me from myself.

Thank you! Fantastic, I just bought that Loewy, a grail for me.

Screenshot (1252).png

By the way, they also have the Domoto in two colourways, for someone who asked here.

Last edited:

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That’s great! No problem at all. I tried them on about two years ago and opted for the Dealan in Wax instead. Underrated colourway.

The Dealan is another great classic, that will suit the most people, not without a reason it's their bestseller, already released in the most colourway. I have it in Hickory (AS version), Black Fade and Vintage Tort 3.

By the way, not sure that Wax and Marigold are the same colour (the latter looking more orangey and glossy), though very similar.

Last edited:

TR14

Reaction score
The Dealan is another great classic, that will suit the most people, not without a reason it's their bestseller, already released in the most colourway. I have it in Hickory (AS version), Black Fade and Vintage Tort 3.
Those three colourways are fantastic. I nearly bought them in Surplus as well. Opted instead for Glass Walkers on that day, which I was thrilled about at the time. I now worry about how the clear acetate will age. May end up looking like a lighter wax one day 😂.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those three colourways are fantastic. I nearly bought them in Surplus as well. Opted instead for Glass Walkers on that day, which I was thrilled about at the time. I now worry about how the clear acetate will age. May end up looking like a lighter wax one day 😂.

Curiously, I have the Walker in Beige. I love light colour acetate, always gives a nice, quirky touch.

joseph240

Reaction score
Lol! Canadian retailer. G is for Glasses. Link will be Canadian dollars. They also have the Loewy in Wax.

Please save me from myself.

Thank you so much! Just went ahead and bought from them.

Pureneat

Reaction score
I have not heard the interview you refer to, but if Jerome is playing the card that other brands are copying JMM, then he is being an egotistical douchebag, considering everything he releases is a friggin homage to something from the past. I'm almost over all this rubbish, get a grip mate!
Carrying on this theme…….

this Dude has modelled for JMM….. and here he is in a Cutler & Gross ad…….

Attachments

• IMG_0244.jpeg
    IMG_0244.jpeg
    211.7 KB · Views: 100

joseph240

Reaction score
Dawg dang it! There were new GTs on that site? Those were my grails, as they say. Congratulations to you for picking them up. I wish you countless years of enjoyment!
Thank you! I love JMM titanium frames. I feel they are underrated vs acetate. I think even better made than my Chrome Hearts and comparable quality wise to my Maybach eyewear.

JessBob

Reaction score
That’s great! No problem at all. I tried them on about two years ago and opted for the Dealan in Wax instead. Underrated colourway.

GG, but now I'm annoyed. I came across their website last November and bookmarked that Loewy and that GT for purchase later this Spring with my tax refund. I knew they were off the Google grid so I was hoping no one would ever find that little shop. I passed on a GT I held in person at a JMM gallery because I had that GT in Canada already bookmarked. I even contacted the shop on Boxing Day to see if they had any holiday discounts. Unfortunately not.

But congrats to the two who grabbed those frames! Ugh for me; lesson learned 😅

TR14

Reaction score
GG, but now I'm annoyed. I came across their website last November and bookmarked that Loewy and that GT for purchase later this Spring with my tax refund. I knew they were off the Google grid so I was hoping no one would ever find that little shop. I passed on a GT I held in person at a JMM gallery because I had that GT in Canada already bookmarked. I even contacted the shop on Boxing Day to see if they had any holiday discounts. Unfortunately not.

But congrats to the two who grabbed those frames! Ugh for me; lesson learned 😅

Ah! I apologize!

They are really nice people at G! Have not been in too long. I shifted funds to watches a couple of years ago, but constantly am checking their store now to see stock. More recently seeing if the Leclair pops up.

Any of you buy the Ari? Another classic I was close to buying from them a couple years ago, but opted against.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alphalabscbdus