• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What underground Fb page? I’d like to join. Thx
Well then it wouldn’t be underground would it?
Sorry the page is only for those who have been on this thread since at least page 200 as that is clearly the demarcation line between early adopters, i.e. real devotees, and Jonny come lately bandwagon jumpers.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oooh I have those!! They're super cool, def too narrow for me now, but I love them
Yeah - like what I was saying about my LMs, the ‘robotic’ effect of the very flat 1 or 2 base lenses is very cool.
When I got my JMM Ashcrofts they had a similar flat 2 base lens but the monochrome effect of grey frames and grey lenses seemed a bit boring so I put purple lenses in but unfortunately they didn’t stock those super flat ones.

ijgood123

Reaction score
Just a word of caution as there is at least one online optical store that appears fairly legit (with associated facebook and instagram pages) selling fakes (and very poor ones to they eye of anyone who knows anything about JMM). This shop is showing up on my google searches alongside authorized sellers.

ColdinMN

Reaction score
No. It's still up. There might have been a misunderstanding regarding recent listings that resulted in user(s) losing access. Hopefully resolved in near future for affected user(s)
Apparently I was reported for posting a fake frame, then banned. Some site in Japan somehow related. Not really sure what happened. Taken care of thanks to @JessBob and @Pakman161! I’m not a big buyer or seller but it’s nice to have options other than big resell sites when trying to move a frame.

I keep trying to distance myself from JMM but the goodwill and encouragement of this group keeps me enthusiastic.

JessBob

Reaction score
Last edited:

JessBob

Reaction score
Lots of new releases today it seems. Aside from aforementioned Earl and Leclair, I think the additional new ones on the JMM website are the Vito, Krasner, Ava (released a week or two ago I think), Flynn, Dasan, Alfred, and Rush. I think these are new. If they're not, don't hold it against me lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads