• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Hannibal4242

Reaction score
ok guys I need some help/ ideas/ direction ... my collection is getting substantial (deep rabbit hole ) now I need somewhere to store/ display them..... any thoughts or display cases you recommend ?

omerakgul

Reaction score
I tried on the denim shirt with gold plated buttons. Very nice substantial feel and quality. Just felt it was too middle of the road in style (work shirt x western shirt) to keep it. I liked the suiting but the prices were out of my league.
I currently have the belize and used it for a while, depends on your offer I might want to sell it

Mulamoes

Reaction score
Weird that the Wesley didn't feature the feather wire core, would be more appropriate for this type of collection

lsterling

Reaction score
ok guys I need some help/ ideas/ direction ... my collection is getting substantial (deep rabbit hole ) now I need somewhere to store/ display them..... any thoughts or display cases you recommend ?
I use this one:

I've been happy. Kind of smelled like chemicals when I got it but that has long since faded.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone jump on any of the new Yellowstone’s? The Wesley in sage is the only one I’m contemplating.

Yet a new launch. As I said, it's going a bit too fast for me: you're considering something just dropped and already there's the next release.

Anyway, I like the Dealan, also pleased that the medallion with the wolf has disappeared. The Gypsum colourway for the Zephirin looks very similar, if not identical, to the Dune (also available).

Screenshot (747).png

Not sure about the Prismatic colourway for the Devaux, somehow I like it, but the different colours look too fragmented. Would like to see it in person.

Screenshot (748).png

Last edited:

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As the brand gets more popular and demand increases they only have two options:

- ditch the “limited production” thing, or at least increase the numbers significantly (e.g. 5k instead of 500); this would hurt the “collector” factor so they won’t do that for now

- churn out more and more models, either via new frames (more costly for them I guess) or just new colours (an ever so slightly different version of black, tortoiseshell or translucent colour); even for frames many of them are quite similar.

And that’s about it. Like any other company the goal is to grow and make $$$, potentially getting bought by Luxottica or whatever at some point.

For example the Prismatic colourway in those Devaux looks very similar to the Amber one to me, perhaps with a bit more red.

Devaux Prismatic:

Devaux_Prismatic_Yellowstone_3-4_Cropped_5377x3585_fygm7a.jpg

All these nights Amber:

All_These_Nights_Amber_Lou_Doillon_3-4jpg_ithn92.jpg

The Wesley and the Zephirin are just two translucent colours.

Coach Chris

Reaction score
Whatcha’ll think of the Dealan’s in leopard?

Also, this has probably been asked before but I ain’t gonna peruse the 1,000+ pages to find out.
I live pretty far away from anywhere that sell JMM and don’t really like playing the spend $800+ to see if it fits game. You all seem very familiar with the fits and shapes, if I posted a pic wearing sunglasses I wear often would any of you be able to give a recommendation on a pair?
I really like the Dealan’s, Taos, and Enzo’s

Attachments

• 6FE82C3A-3763-4E64-8AA8-388279F36B7D.jpeg
    6FE82C3A-3763-4E64-8AA8-388279F36B7D.jpeg
    54.3 KB · Views: 153

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whatcha’ll think of the Dealan’s in leopard?

Also, this has probably been asked before but I ain’t gonna peruse the 1,000+ pages to find out.
I live pretty far away from anywhere that sell JMM and don’t really like playing the spend $800+ to see if it fits game. You all seem very familiar with the fits and shapes, if I posted a pic wearing sunglasses I wear often would any of you be able to give a recommendation on a pair?
I really like the Dealan’s, Taos, and Enzo’s
Dealans fit very similar and are sized verily similar to standard ray ban wayfarers just a bit more chunky. Some people aren’t crazy about the slight cat effect of the outward sweeping sides but they are among the more generic ‘fit everyone’ styles of JMM.

The other two are a bit bigger and bolder and I don’t have either so I’ll let some of the other lads chip in comments for those.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads