• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

dmash

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the Fellini Seed, sold them to a member here actually haha. A beautiful, beautiful frame.

Also, speaking of rare frames….I’ve got a BNIB Rover Pasolini and a GT Solar if anybody is interested. I like them a lot but the wife hates them, so you know how that goes. Let me know!

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Wow, really? I have a pair of Molinos and I am/was considering picking up some Fellini for my next pair as they look slightly "taller" than my Molinos. Is that not the case IRL?
Perhaps I said it wrong. The fellini are a tad deeper and narrower) - just a tad. They cut in more. The molino are a tad wider and less angular.

On my face, I’m told the molino are slightly too small and the fellini are too small, and that’s mainly because they cut in more. All and all, they are extremely similar and adjustments could make both work, but as to which looks better, it really comes down to your face shape.

What’s crazy about the two is that even though they look so similar, they have completely different effects on different faces. I think the molino work better with rounder faces.

TR14

Reaction score
Wow, really? I have a pair of Molinos and I am/was considering picking up some Fellini for my next pair as they look slightly "taller" than my Molinos. Is that not the case IRL?
Here’s a comparison. I have to say they look pretty similar in pictures like this (with some noticeable differences). However, they absolutely present a “different enough” look to own both imo. If the Molinos fit you well I think odds are likely you will be keen on the Fellinis if you grab them.

Attachments

• IMG_3371.jpeg
    IMG_3371.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 201

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I said it wrong. The fellini are a tad deeper and narrower) - just a tad. They cut in more. The molino are a tad wider and less angular.

On my face, I’m told the molino are slightly too small and the fellini are too small, and that’s mainly because they cut in more. All and all, they are extremely similar and adjustments could make both work, but as to which looks better, it really comes down to your face shape.

What’s crazy about the two is that even though they look so similar, they have completely different effects on different faces. I think the molino work better with rounder faces.
I notice a lot of frames can look almost the exact same sitting on a table, but all that matters is how they look on the face.

The Dealans look similiar to the Fellini on my table, but look completely different on my face.

Dealans are very sharp, angular, bold.

Fellinis are soft angular and the browline is straight. They look more "normal" and are also bigger and heavier.

MícheálfromCDM

Reaction score
I notice a lot of frames can look almost the exact same sitting on a table, but all that matters is how they look on the face.

The Dealans look similiar to the Fellini on my table, but look completely different on my face.

Dealans are very sharp, angular, bold.

Fellinis are soft angular and the browline is straight. They look more "normal" and are also bigger and heavier.
I think the question we are all left with then is this: does your face resemble your table? 😉

MickeyPunch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How come the optical section in the website doesn’t show availability? Are they always available/they’re not limited or something?

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recent comments are evidence of what I’ve been saying for ages, which is that just a milimeter or two either way can make a massive difference. Shoes looking a little big don’t make much difference as unless you’re a dwarf you’re viewing them from five feet and more away, but sunglasses are obviously and literally at eye level and are often viewed from a distance of inches rather than feet. The exact same frame with just a small adjustment in size can look vastly different as owners of the two-size frames such as Molinos and Dealans will confirm.

And all that’s before you get to combining frame shape with face shape which is much more visceral than empirical - some just look right or wrong and it’s not always easy to describe or quantify why that is although we do try when giving advice.

Easily Amused

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you, gentlemen, I appreciate your comments!

Personally, I love how the Vasco fits and suits you (well, difficult to find a frame that doesn't look good on you), and I find a pity that you returned it.
I also love your jackets, but think that for a proper look you should wear a shirt, either with a camp collar or with a big collar and a tie, very 70s. Interestingly the frame works well also in the first casual look.

Good point about the camp collar/big collar shirts with the jackets, those might have gelled a little more with the Vasco, but not enough to keep it, I think. Looking at the photos, the Vasco seems OK on me, but in real life I realize I didn't think it looked good.

A few years ago, I got positive feedback here on a Kaine Argyle that I wasn't sure about initially. I purchased the Kaine, wore them regularly for a few months, and then it sat in its box for the next year-and-a-half, never to enter my rotation again. Turns out that I connect with the look when I first wore them, and unfortunately that did not change. I recently sold them at a little below break-even for what I paid - good enough. I think if I kept the Vasco, it would have been an unfortunate repeat of the Kaine.

But back to the camp collar shirts with jackets/suits - I need to flex this look more, whether I'm wearing JMMs or not!

I don’t believe that I have ever seen you in a single frame that was unflattering on you; in fact, I don’t believe I have ever seen you in a pair of frames that didn’t aesthetically benefit from resting on your well chiseled mug.

You may not like every frame you try on, but what a nice problem to have, you get to choose from it all.

I too will give a nod to that handsome jacket.

I'm blushing, sir, thank you. Hope to see more your JMM selfies!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads