• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are indeed Fellini, and I think they're a great pair for optical. Here's mine, looking as plain as possible so as to not flatter the frame with angles or changing my face in some way.
Those look great on you dude, thanks for a fit pic.

Leaning towards getting them now, but will think on it. Not a fan of redundancy in my rotation, I think a fashion tint will help reduce overlap.

brown2190

Reaction score
Those look great on you dude, thanks for a fit pic.

Leaning towards getting them now, but will think on it. Not a fan of redundancy in my rotation, I think a fashion tint will help reduce overlap.
I got to try the Dark Havana Ichikawa the other day, which you tried as well. I thought it was such a beautiful color. Yellow or light brown tint on these as fashion tints would look incredible. Even purple would look very cool.

Attachments

• IMG_9073.jpg
    IMG_9073.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 205

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got to try the Dark Havana Ichikawa the other day, which you tried as well. I thought it was such a beautiful color. Yellow or light brown tint on these as fashion tints would look incredible. Even purple would look very cool.
I'm digging that pair on you, it looks great man.

Did you ever end up buying a pair? IIRC, I think you were also hunting around for a pair of opticals?

I think the Dark Havana pair you tried on was a shade darker than mine.

I found out the one I tried on was Argyle, posted below.

Ichikawa_Argyle_RX_3-4_bjniyp.jpg

Light brown or yellow may work, it matches the secondary colours/details on the frame. More of a tonal look, whereas it'd be more contrast if I had Dark Argyle.

brown2190

Reaction score
I'm digging that pair on you, it looks great man.

Did you ever end up buying a pair? IIRC, I think you were also hunting around for a pair of opticals?

I think the Dark Havana pair you tried on was a shade darker than mine.

I found out the one I tried on was Argyle, posted below.

Ichikawa_Argyle_RX_3-4_bjniyp.jpg

Light brown or yellow may work, it matches the secondary colours/details on the frame. More of a tonal look, whereas it'd be more contrast if I had Dark Argyle.
Thanks man! I think I'm going to go for them, I was considering the Julien in Havana too as opticals for a while but another member of this forum convinced me to try something bolder!

The Argyle is a great color way too! Not sure you can go wrong with either the Fellini or Ichikawa as opticals!

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had the Ichikawa and loved the look of them, but something about the balance of those bad boys left my nose sore and gave me a headache after wearing for any extended time.

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! I think I'm going to go for them, I was considering the Julien in Havana too as opticals for a while but another member of this forum convinced me to try something bolder!

The Argyle is a great color way too! Not sure you can go wrong with either the Fellini or Ichikawa as opticals!
I actually also tried those on too yesterday. Me and my optical guy agreed that they were kinda meh on me.

They look like very generic P3 frames with no edge to them.

Yeah, I think those would be great opticals for you. They've just enough edge and size to be different from generic frames IMO.

Also yeah, Fellin or Ichi would work great....there's the dilemma! I'll think on it.
I had the Ichikawa and loved the look of them, but something about the balance of those bad boys left my nose sore and gave me a headache after wearing for any extended time.
I'll keep that in mind, as nose soreness is a real issue for me due to my strong Rx.

Fellini seemed to fit very similiar to Dealans, Ichi felt different.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
Fellini seemed to fit very similiar to Dealans, Ichi felt different.
Of the frames I own, Fellini is the nicest fit. Taupe colour is coming soon and they'll be my next optical frames. I bought some Ichis a while back, they were an even better fit but I sold them quickly because to my eye, the left and right lens rims were slightly off and shaped differently and it bugged me! Someone must have been drinking too much sake that day in the factory :laugh:

Jaymig926

Reaction score
Anyone have a pair of JMM with tropic lenses ? I’m liking the peyote in tropic but the lens looks different in pic to pic
Thanks in advance

qubed

Supporting Member
Reaction score
SSENSE won’t charge you duty but they will charge you the sales tax of where it’s being shipped to- not sure about END.

I think you're now responsible for any USA duty charges when buying on SSENSE, at least according to their terms:

You are responsible for any U.S. duties and taxes that may be due under U.S. law. Shipments to the U.S. of goods that are valued at US$800 or less may be imported without the payment of duties and taxes subject to certain restrictions...

FlyingHorker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of the frames I own, Fellini is the nicest fit. Taupe colour is coming soon and they'll be my next optical frames. I bought some Ichis a while back, they were an even better fit but I sold them quickly because to my eye, the left and right lens rims were slightly off and shaped differently and it bugged me! Someone must have been drinking too much sake that day in the factory :laugh:
Even visually, I don't think I've ever seen a bad fit or look on Fellini, or Ichi.

That'd drive me up the wall with slight idiosyncrasies.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SSENSE won’t charge you duty but they will charge you the sales tax of where it’s being shipped to- not sure about END.
I’ve bought loads of times from End and one of the advantages is that most stuff is combined under a $10 shipping charge with no duties to be paid.
I’m still furious with the lack of responsibility they showed me when a parcel from them was (and remains) undelivered but usually they get stuff to me in FL from northern England within a few days via fedex.

They have a few JMMs for sale now - Dealans in about four black variations and a few others - for around $660 which I think is hard to beat these days.

DomoDomo

Reaction score

DomoDomo

Reaction score
I’ve bought loads of times from End and one of the advantages is that most stuff is combined under a $10 shipping charge with no duties to be paid.
I’m still furious with the lack of responsibility they showed me when a parcel from them was (and remains) undelivered but usually they get stuff to me in FL from northern England within a few days via fedex.

They have a few JMMs for sale now - Dealans in about four black variations and a few others - for around $660 which I think is hard to beat these days.
They are usually the best. When the pandemic initially started and the GBP was trading at historic lows against the USD you were able to get some substantial savings from them- especially for brands that had an international presence but I it appears some brands may have caught wind and started having them match the retail prices of other markets.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good to know that the Fellini is soon coming back in new colourways, Taupe is beatiful.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads