• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

TheManFromEutopia

Reaction score
Hey! So I’ve bought a pair of Enzos in Havana 3 that I want to convert to prescriptions. I love the way they look on my face, but there’s just a problem- they’re too tight on my temples. Do you guys think it would be a good idea to send them to an optician to loosen them up a bit?

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey! So I’ve bought a pair of Enzos in Havana 3 that I want to convert to prescriptions. I love the way they look on my face, but there’s just a problem- they’re too tight on my temples. Do you guys think it would be a good idea to send them to an optician to loosen them up a bit?
The best thing you could do, if you have the means, is to go there physically so they can adjust it on the spot. Usually takes a few tweaks whenever I get my glasses adjusted. I'd be hesitant to just send them out w/ instructions to widen a little.

dsk321

Reaction score
It’s my own ire I’m trying to avoid. I’m calling it quits for a minute since I have Yves in London preordered. I’ve branched a bit and tried on just human’s modern cat (really awesome glasses even if you exclude their huge Black Friday discount) and I have some Thierry lasry’s to try on (Dogmaty and darksidy only 2 that’ll fit my head I think, they’re also potential rx)

dsk321

Reaction score
The best thing you could do, if you have the means, is to go there physically so they can adjust it on the spot. Usually takes a few tweaks whenever I get my glasses adjusted. I'd be hesitant to just send them out w/ instructions to widen a little.
Temple tightness is my main issue with any eyewear. Take it to someone that works with thick acetate.

TheManFromEutopia

Reaction score
Oh, sorry for the bad phrasing! I meant to say that I’ll go to an optician to have them tweaked. Thanks a lot for the reply! I was super worried that they couldn’t be loosened up since they’re so thick and all

dsk321

Reaction score
Oh, sorry for the bad phrasing! I meant to say that I’ll go to an optician to have them tweaked. Thanks a lot for the reply! I was super worried that they couldn’t be loosened up since they’re so thick and all
With jmms and other chunky brands the frame joints are too thick, but the arms can be manipulated a bit starting at the midway point where the wire thins, but doing it too much will create the bowing effect. the bridge can be adjusted but as the acetate is so thick there it has to be done in extremely tiny amounts. Once it’s not painfully tight wearing it in sunlight will help it mold

TheManFromEutopia

Reaction score
With jmms and other chunky brands the frame joints are too thick, but the arms can be manipulated a bit starting at the midway point where the wire thins, but doing it too much will create the bowing effect. the bridge can be adjusted but as the acetate is so thick there it has to be done in extremely tiny amounts. Once it’s not painfully tight wearing it in sunlight will help it mold
Thanks a lot for the insight! I’ll make sure to mention that to whomever will tweak them

d4nimal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So how many Kirby boxes you guys preordering? Maybe a 6 pack? Can probably keep a few of those gold LF pins in there as well, or just general knick knacks like your weed or some Cheez Itz.

1_Last_Frontier_Sterling_Silver_Case_Packaging_Closed-5.jpeg

2_Last_Fontier_Sterling_Silver_Case_Packaging-2_v2_o.jpg

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sushi

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any online retailers selling the Lander silver pin? Was going to pick it up today but sold out on JMM site.

dsk321

Reaction score
Anyone else have issues with hoppergoods? I placed a noir 4 Taos order a month ago, then asked for an eta a week later, then cancelled the order maybe 2.5 weeks later.

Radio silence so I warned I’d put in a refund dispute with the bank, still nothing. You’d think that would warrant a reply. I put in a claim and 2 days later they sent a shipping notification. I told them I already have my money back and need a return label as the pair was clearly manipulated beforehand anyway (a big dent at the bridge and lens crazing from what looks like sloppy bending) and still no response.

overall Im befuddled by it all. I’ll just have to hold this faulty pair till they answer me?

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have issues with hoppergoods? I placed a noir 4 Taos order a month ago, then asked for an eta a week later, then cancelled the order maybe 2.5 weeks later.

Radio silence so I warned I’d put in a refund dispute with the bank, still nothing. You’d think that would warrant a reply. I put in a claim and 2 days later they sent a shipping notification. I told them I already have my money back and need a return label as the pair was clearly manipulated beforehand anyway (a big dent at the bridge and lens crazing from what looks like sloppy bending) and still no response.

overall Im befuddled by it all. I’ll just have to hold this faulty pair till they answer me?
I returned two pairs of Taos in September, and recently realized they never refunded me. Sent a follow up and they said they’d look into it, but almost two weeks later, nothing. Thanks for the reminder! Almost forgot myself. If I don’t hear from them by Monday, I’m filing a dispute.

Billy Ray Valentine

Reaction score

Check your chat inbox

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads