• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

Furq

Reaction score
How’s the quality of JMM? Sorry if thats a stupid question.

Considering some more “independent” brands away from the bigger name fashion houses like YSL and Tom Ford.

Other brands I’m looking at are Leisure Project which from what I can tell has great quality and even more niche, or EB Meyrowitz which is probably out of my price range at 2x what JMM or other brands cost.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
By all accounts JMM seem to be over-engineered so to speak, so I think the quality is pretty good. The heft and weight definitely gives the feeling of something well made too. But i'm not really that knowledgeable on all this.
I like some of the styles the Leisure Society make but at the same time they all feel a bit too straight forward and borderline boring. Not that that's necessarily bad, there's a couple of styles I'd definitely like to try.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Been wearing the Saints today and they really are a great pair, right now the Ascari and Fellini are my favorite acetate frames but this one is catching up the more I wear them

D4FA9691-2BCE-43DD-928A-40CFCF918EFD.jpeg

Btw if anyone is interested in a pair of Dealans in sand, I’m thinking of selling mine since I preferred the tan Sturges

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wasn’t going to post these because I’m not really looking for feedback at the moment, I want to keep both but probably won’t.
but I know we all want on face pics etc so here we go.
My Molino are delayed until tomorrow but I’ll probably post once they arrive too

Dealan Havana 4
4199502C-746E-4C9D-A6E3-272B7A33222C.jpeg

3966758E-690E-43BD-8CC4-49C09A45B245.jpeg

C4CBFCEC-7C27-4BA5-8A18-42229CEE47A0.jpeg

3387458E-7740-4E7D-B428-C901604A8CC5.jpeg

Nokona in Raven
0DF9E8D9-D64E-48CE-95B6-8A4A97655542.jpeg

68637BFD-6E13-46A5-9050-8A43B7E2D5A6.jpeg

B9F21ED6-2513-4BC4-8303-B7B11F1B6EF7.jpeg

06B9F7ED-D6F5-457E-80C9-B1BFFE4086A2.jpeg

And one more of the Enzo in Noir 3 while I’m

DA6D8E4F-BDA3-4220-BDE1-BA30CC6F2761.jpeg

The Nokona are really beautiful and that gold/black combo is always a favourite of mine. It does feel a bit “wasteful”, for lack of a better word, when buying JMM. They are very light and comfortable though and there’s enough details to make them interesting. But it clearly doesn’t have the weight and heft that make JMM.
They also came with a classic hard case which somebody else was curious about before. @Patek maybe? So they at least do hard cases, maybe for all the wire frames or just random pairs.

GG Allin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn’t going to post these because I’m not really looking for feedback at the moment, I want to keep both but probably won’t.
My Molino are delayed until tomorrow but I’ll probably post once they arrive too

Dealan Havana 4

Nokona in Raven

The Nokona are really beautiful and that gold/black combo is always a favourite of mine. It does feel a bit “wasteful”, for lack of a better word, when buying JMM. They are very light and comfortable though and there’s enough details to make them interesting. But it clearly doesn’t have the weight and heft that make JMM.
They also came with a classic hard case which somebody else was curious about before. @Patek maybe? So they at least do hard cases, maybe for all the wire frames or just random pairs.
Yeah I have hard cases for all of my wire frames. I think all those look good on you, but I think I like how the Dealans look the best--whcih is surprising, since I rarely see pics of people looking good in those.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Dealan Havana 4

Nokona in Raven

All of those look really good you, I think. I was originally a bit iffy about the Nokonas, as they're a bit small, but I can see those going really well with your Lemaire wardrobe. Personally like the Enzos on you best, but they're all really good.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Appreciate it. The Enzos are a keeper, I think I’ve had them a month now? I’ve been wearing them every day.
I’ll wait for the Molino to arrive before deciding what to do with the rest. And I kind of want to try the Taos in lava or Vader and the Sturges in dark Havana before I leave. I really wish I could just pull up somewhere and try them all.

Adroit

Reaction score

I have never been a particular fan of the Nokona, but you rock them! Definitely my favorite of the three on you. The Dealan works, but I am constantly drawn to the cat-eye element.

I have several JMM hard cases. Not sure if there is a distinct pattern.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Oversized frames feel sexy to me. Assuming it works for face anyway. There's a kind of mystique about it.

Of the three posted, the Enzos look to be the most oversized. I personally like them for that reason.

Furq

Reaction score
To me - for what its worth - I prefer the wider frames on your face as I think they balance your proportions out better (not saying this to be rude)

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Oversized frames feel sexy to me. Assuming it works for face anyway. There's a kind of mystique about it.

Of the three posted, the Enzos look to be the most oversized. I personally like them for that reason.

yeah my wife thinks the Enzo are the rich California housewife type of thing. Which I'm alright with tbh. If I could find a cool oversized, wide brim hat to match then I'd run with it.

@Furq No worries, I don't know what's rude about that anyway.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah my wife thinks the Enzo are the rich California housewife type of thing. Which I'm alright with tbh. If I could find a cool oversized, wide brim hat to match then I'd run with it.

@Furq No worries, I don't know what's rude about that anyway.

Thanks for sharing. My vote is also for the Delans and the Enzos as the Nokona is a very specific look (linen jacket, fedora, silk cravat) IMHO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads