• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just picked up the Eclipse Enzo. Don’t have experience with Shadow 2 but what I can tell is the Shadow 2 sunnies have a blue lense. I don’t think there’s really a difference in the black acetate color, but I could be wrong. One thing that jumps out is that the Shadow gold temple wiring appears more exposed through the length, which suggests slight difference in the acetate.

I'm gonna go in-person and compare. gonna me these "sunnies"

Goofy

Reaction score
Folks got a few questions, I am most likely picking up Enzo's in the next week.

1. Does anyone know the difference between shadow 2 and eclipse? They both seem identical in the pics (see below).
2. Do folks view these models better as sunnies or prescription lenses (clear, not doing chameleons) ?
* If sunnies I will most likely switch out my molino to be clear lenses.
  • shadow 2 - https://jacquesmariemage.com/product/1140/
  • 2_Enzo_Shadow2_rx_3-4.jpg
  • eclipse - https://jacquesmariemage.com/product/1238/
  • 2_Enzo_Eclipse_3-4.jpg
The lens tint is the only difference between the two.

WBaker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@sinnedk I think the ultra wide arms on the Enzo suit them a bit better for sunglasses. That said mine are transitions and they work great. The only issue with optical is the super wide and tall Enzo could create a bit of a bug eye effect especially if you have a thicker prescription. Are you doing script sunglasses? Just have them take the shades out and try them on with no lenses in to see if you should go the optical route.

ahoslpatubep

Reaction score
My sunglasses fell off while I was walking my dog today. I walked around my yard for a while with my metal detector, but I haven’t been able to find them. If anyone has any tips for finding sunglasses, let me know.

Reaction score
Question for you guys that replace the lenses from your JMMs:

Do you go just any optometrist to get lenses made or research a place to get them done?
If it's a specific place, how do you figure that's the right place to go to?
Sorry if it's a dumb question, I've never had custom lenses before and want to get them done right for my JMMs.

shopcanoeclub

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@ahoslpatubep ah understood. this might sound counterintuitive, but I've had success finding shiny items when it's dark. I walk around shining light at the ground and as long as it isn't super wet or anything out, it should reflect pretty nicely for you to see.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Do you go just any optometrist to get lenses made or research a place to get them done?
Sorry if it's a dumb question, I've never had custom lenses before and want to get them done right for my JMMs.
I get the prescriptions filled at the stockist which sold me the frames.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@sinnedk I think the ultra wide arms on the Enzo suit them a bit better for sunglasses. That said mine are transitions and they work great. The only issue with optical is the super wide and tall Enzo could create a bit of a bug eye effect especially if you have a thicker prescription. Are you doing script sunglasses? Just have them take the shades out and try them on with no lenses in to see if you should go the optical route.

yea they'll be scripts. I basically grab a new pair of glasses every year now cuz why not.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I just called my health insurance provider and asked them which places do they help cover. My health insurance doesn't cover the entire cost of my prescription lenses, but they cover some of it. So I got a list of approved places they cover and went there.

UrbanComp on here has mentioned that he sometimes gets lenses made in Chinatown. If I didn't have my other place, I would probably just go there.

I don't have enough experience with a wide range of providers, so I can't say whether going to the "right" place makes a difference. That said, I've never had problems with my prescription lenses.

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got prescription lenses for my first pair of JMMs at the stockist since they were covered (otherwise close to $150), and the second in Chinatown for $80 since they weren’t covered. Honestly I can’t tell the difference between the two.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads