• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacques Marie Mage - Wolves, Obnoxious Acetate and The American Dream

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
View attachment 2162917

Omgomg, are you wearing your JMMs...at the beach!??? 🤯😮 @RegisDB9
Be sure to achieve RegisPatina ® by first dropping the microfiber cloth in the sand then rinsing the sunglasses in the beach water and using said sandy microfiber towel to wipe the lenses. No thanks no payment needed I just wanted to advise

obecity

Reaction score
Be sure to achieve RegisPatina ® by first dropping the microfiber cloth in the sand then rinsing the sunglasses in the beach water and using said sandy microfiber towel to wipe the lenses. No thanks no payment needed I just wanted to advise
Oh dear. I’m having heart palpitations. And chest pain radiating down my left arm. Absolute insanity.

kwonster

Reaction score
When half the "content" on this thread as of recent times is ignored posts from one dude, maybe that dude is the problem. But apparently liking cigars is enough to excuse anything.

Trying to keep on subject, are there any stores with the Donohu in stock? Would like to try it on and have not had any luck (and it is also sold out online).

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Hannibal and Occulta, can you two fvcking chill out with your petty comments. You’re screwing with the vibe of this here electronic bulletin board. Seriously, you’re behaving like children. Take it to PM if you must. Thx

Last edited:

Hannibal4242

Reaction score
When half the "content" on this thread as of recent times is ignored posts from one dude, maybe that dude is the problem. But apparently liking cigars is enough to excuse anything.

Trying to keep on subject, are there any stores with the Donohu in stock? Would like to try it on and have not had any luck (and it is also sold out online).
depends on where you live ..... and yes you can get away with a lot if you smoke good cigars

obecity

Reaction score
Yeah so no. So I have a bead on a set of Earls in silver coming in hot pretty soon. I’m going to splurge and purchase them. Plan on making them opticals.

Tell me what you think of this idea for the lenses: Rose to clear gradient fashion tint (30%—>0%) on top of the new Gen S transitions in ruby. Backside AR.

I also want to do a flash mirror. Probably gold. Do you think a gold flash is a good scheme or different color flash? Also, I don’t know if it’s possible, but what do you fellers think of making the flash mirror a gradient as well (mirror—>no mirror)?

I’m getting excited about it! (Also, please don’t “borrow” my idea for the lenses. The idea is taken—I can’t bear if there’s another like it out in the wild. One of one, baby!)

Hannibal4242

Reaction score
Yeah so no. So I have a bead on a set of Earls in silver coming in hot pretty soon. I’m going to splurge and purchase them. Plan on making them opticals.

Tell me what you think of this idea for the lenses: Rose to clear gradient fashion tint (30%—>0%) on top of the new Gen S transitions in ruby. Backside AR.

I also want to do a flash mirror. Probably gold. Do you think a gold flash is a good scheme or different color flash? Also, I don’t know if it’s possible, but what do you fellers think of making the flash mirror a gradient as well (mirror—>no mirror)?

I’m getting excited about it! (Also, please don’t “borrow” my idea for the lenses. The idea is taken—I can’t bear if there’s another like it out in the wild. One of one, baby!)
I think the gradient is gangster enough the mirror in my opinion would be a bit of an overkill to the already gorgeous frame

ColdinMN

Reaction score
Sauvage Gevaudan frames in Black Pearl. Very JMM Jeff-like. Likely not going to keep them, but at nearly $300 less than JMM, it was worth a try.

Also going to try the Ahlem Bonaparte.

IMG_0754.jpeg

IMG_0752.jpeg

threeleggeddog

Reaction score
Sauvage Gevaudan frames in Black Pearl. Very JMM Jeff-like. Likely not going to keep them, but at nearly $300 less than JMM, it was worth a try.

Also going to try the Ahlem Bonaparte.

View attachment 2164405

View attachment 2164409
I like them but think they’d be better in a less bold color given the angularity of the frame. If they had something more translucent, even if colored, it would probably be better

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like them but think they’d be better in a less bold color given the angularity of the frame. If they had something more translucent, even if colored, it would probably be better
+1 to this.
Good looking frame and they suit you @ColdinMN - as you say like a chunky Jeff but the severity of heavy black frames could be mitigated by a less severe colour and moreso with proper sun tints.

Facultyofzen

Reaction score
I investigated gradient transitions and rear coating with Hoya lenses but my glasses guy told me it cannot be done and he worked for Hoya in Japan for 15+ years. That was 2+ years ago so maybe something new has been released since, I don't know as I gave up on the idea.

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience of the Last frontier IV series please?
Are they significantly heavier frames?
Im worried they will leave a mark on the bridge of my nose after 2 mins of wear..

Attachments

• Jacques_Marie_Mage_Webshop_Last_Frontier_V_Sterett_Breccia_Oft_JMMSTE-6P_JMMSTERX-7U_side_2048...png
    Jacques_Marie_Mage_Webshop_Last_Frontier_V_Sterett_Breccia_Oft_JMMSTE-6P_JMMSTERX-7U_side_2048...png
    1.1 MB · Views: 57

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads