• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jacket fit

caenorst

Reaction score
Hello! First post here. I believe this is the right section but feel free to redirect me if it's not.

I'm looking for an unstructured jacket and found this one which I like. I'm hesitant between size 50 and 52, as the difference is minimal.

Also any comment on the fit in general?

Please disregard the trouser rise I know the rise is way too low to wear with such a jacket.

Attachments

• original-C9D0C205-EA7A-4C13-85C1-454F420571E3.jpeg
    original-C9D0C205-EA7A-4C13-85C1-454F420571E3.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 194
  • original-76F50CB8-A8F7-4F06-A146-8AF5B8FEA3DC.jpeg
    original-76F50CB8-A8F7-4F06-A146-8AF5B8FEA3DC.jpeg
    169.5 KB · Views: 191

jcortez

Reaction score
Go with the 52. There's less puckering around the buttoning point. The sleeves are a bit too long on the 52, but that's a simple alteration whereas you can't really add fabric to the chest. Though both are a bit short IMO, the slight length increase on the bigger size also helps.

Not too sure what's going on with the sleeves. That's either a product of the material or a fundamental issue with the pattern which sizing can't really fix.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I like Eleventy’s aesthetic generally (like BC) but the jacket is way too short and the buttoning point is too high.

LJ1891

Reaction score
Yeah I like Eleventy’s aesthetic generally (like BC) but the jacket is way too short and the buttoning point is too high.
My first thought was “the button stance is really high”…Its a nice looking jacket and I can see why you like it but I would keep looking my friend.

caenorst

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the comments! Is that impression coming from the amount of tissue under the button or from where the bottom is landing?

For the former, I thought wearing a higher rise would solve the issue (this rise is quite low).

Too bad I didn't think about taking a full-body picture. I have quite a long torse proportionally so when I try a longer jacket it feels to me a bit disproportionate with the ratio leg / torse. I'll try to get a full-body picture next time I try something.

Definitely glad I asked here, I will keep searching! :)

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One can tell that the jacket is short because it clearly doesn't even come close to covering your rear. Generally a jacket of the proper length should (1) cover your rear and (2) roughly bisect your body visually.

There is usually a relationship between jacket length and buttoning point. In general you want the buttoning point of the jacket to sit at your natural waist. This is often at your navel or maybe slightly above. But when the jacket body is very short (as in this case), the buttoning point often ends up being too high so that the jacket itself looks balanced. A buttoning point that is too high causes the lapel line to be short; a longer lapel line is usually more flattering.

Stylewords

Reaction score
One can tell that the jacket is short because it clearly doesn't even come close to covering your rear. Generally a jacket of the proper length should (1) cover your rear and (2) roughly bisect your body visually.
He said he has a long torso. Therefore, meeting the two criteria is impossible.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He said he has a long torso. Therefore, meeting the two criteria is impossible.
hence the qualifier "generally". But this jacket is clearly too short even for a long torso. Do you think it's the correct length?

Stylewords

Reaction score
hence the qualifier "generally". But this jacket is clearly too short even for a long torso. Do you think it's the correct length?
It's difficult to see the proportions because of the photo. The buttoning point is too high and the trousers have a low rise. It's probably a little too short as a formal jacket. For a non-formal jacket, I'd have to see a better angle and trousers with a higher rise.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's difficult to see the proportions because of the photo. The buttoning point is too high and the trousers have a low rise. It's probably a little too short as a formal jacket. For a non-formal jacket, I'd have to see a better angle and trousers with a higher rise.
We agree that the buttoning point is too high. I think that if you were to lower it by 1-1.5” you’d also have to lengthen the jacket.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads