• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J.W. Hulme Leather Duffle - Just Arrived

Thomas Hudson

Reaction score
I have been looking for a leather duffle to use for long weekends away and more casual travel. After looking at what must have been virtually every bag maker, I settled on, and ordered, a small duffle from J.W. Hulme in American Heritage Leather.

The bag took about 4 weeks to make and ship, and it just arrived today. Construction and materials seem first rate, and I couldn't be happier with my choice (so far). The American Heritage leather looks great, although the patina doesn't really come across in my pictures, unfortunately.

Sorry for the low quality pictures, my iPhone is all I have up at the office.

hulmedufflefront.jpg

hulmeduffleside.jpg

hulmeduffleflapopen.jpg

hulmeduffleinteriorlini.jpg

hulmeduffleclose.jpg

Anyway, thanks for the help, SF!
cheers.gif

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WOW man, awesome purchase! Sorry to be impolite, but can you throw out a price (or range of prices) for a similar bag? My current overnight bag - a nice little canvas number - is approaching its last legs. I'm leaning toward a Filson, but this looks 700x awesomer (awful grammar, I know.) Let me know! Feel free to PM, too.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Wow - that is absolutely stunning. If you don't mind, could you please share the price.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks exactly like something I'm looking for. Would also appreciate some price ranges. Care to comment on the service received?

Thomas Hudson

Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments. Delivered (UPS 2day) the total was $830 for the bag. In other leathers (non-American Heritage), I think it is significantly less expensive. This pretty much hit the sweet spot for me in terms of price/quality.

The service was great from day one. It's such a small operation that I'm pretty sure I spoke with the same nice, older woman every time I called. Initially, I ordered it monogrammed (which is free), but given this was my first purchase from them, I changed my mind so that I could return it if I needed to. They amended my order no problem, and said that if I decided I want it monogrammed later they would do it for free.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No kidding. I've been looking at travel bags lately. It's pretty cool...and the price is right. Checked their website and noticed they have the black leather for $200 less if price is an issue. Beats the hell out of Tumi or overpriced designer bags.

NorCal_1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the San Francisco Allen Edmonds store carries JW Hulme bags and the heritage leather is really beautiful

I heard they were having trouble so maybe AE bought them out?

82-Greg

Reaction score
Got the same bag in the canvas creme/light beige color w/leather trim. Held up very well through admittedly light use. Very voluminous.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads