• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
i got my wool flannel ludlow suit today, and i actually really like it. i'm no stick but i'm not a fattie. it's not thom browne tight/shrunken and i got a great deal. i like the thin lapels.

Is it slimmer fit compared to other brands or is it like slim but Banana Republic slim?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
Is it slimmer fit compared to other brands or is it like slim but Banana Republic slim?

Slim like Banana Republic slim.
A jacket with a 38 chest actually measure 41"...

Staver

Reaction score
Originally Posted by raginberriodoom
Agreed, the second shirt doesn't look too bad either. Does anyone know how the fabric feels?

The fabric is perfect for hot weather. It has one of the best fits I have ever had from J. Crew, but the material is extremely light - you would think it was some kind of linen blend if you felt it. You can't see through the shirt at all, but its absolutely amazing for when the sun cranks up. I have never felt a material like this before, and I am in love with it!

dunelly

Reaction score
I went into the store today to buy some stuff. The fabric is really thin, feels like its paper thin. It looks great, but I'm not sure how durable it is. Let us know staver

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have their older madras shirts and they have lasted wash after wash while staying as soft as they were when they were first bought.

xanatos

Reaction score
The black gingham lightweight shirt fits a tad smaller than the exact same lightweight in purple in size small
Purple fits me perfectly but in black *which i desperatly wanted* has a tighter shoulder and pit.so be aware. Wonder why its like that

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45

from my experience it's in between h&m and br. br suits suck and the pants are still too wide for my tastes. the ludlow jacket length is fine and waist suppression is visible but not totally exaggerated. the wool flannel is pretty confortable for all seasons and even though my jacket's a three-button i can wear it like a two-button just fine. maybe i'll post pics sometime.

raginberriodoom

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Staver
The fabric is perfect for hot weather. It has one of the best fits I have ever had from J. Crew, but the material is extremely light - you would think it was some kind of linen blend if you felt it. You can't see through the shirt at all, but its absolutely amazing for when the sun cranks up. I have never felt a material like this before, and I am in love with it!

That's actually sounds perfect for me since I'm looking for some linen esque shirts to wear in humid hot weather. I know you sold out already though, but I'll keep an eye out for your threads if you ever pick up anymore.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For you Timex watch fans, Gilt is having a Timex sale on Monday.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
For you Timex watch fans, Gilt is having a Timex sale on Monday.

So they are going to sell a bunch of $30 watches for $10 or something? Gilt has lowered their standards.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads