• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J. Crew Fall/Winter 2011 Discussion

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just saw this one and was wondering if it worked out for you. That 15% extra would probably assure kopping on my part.

Bumping this question for Xhale - did the double discount work out on the boots?

Howard Roark

Reaction score
I haven't got out to J.Crew to try it yet. Has anyone noticed that the Chippewas are backordered already?

Xhale12

Reaction score
Does anyone have a pair of the slim fit chino's? Do they stretch like jeans or will they shrink? How do these look on me size wise? They have not been washed nor worn more than a minute so take that into consideration.

Last edited:

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
J.crew will cover the shipping if your order instore through the red phone. Even next day delivery is free. FREE. I love that word. :inlove:

Last edited:

JosiahS

Reaction score

I haven't got out to J.Crew to try it yet. Has anyone noticed that the Chippewas are backordered already?
Yes. It's the only thing holding me back from ordering. I don't know if i want to wait till November just to get them..

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes. It's the only thing holding me back from ordering. I don't know if i want to wait till November just to get them..

They are still showing full size runs in their e-store... is it a different situation when using the red phone?

JosiahS

Reaction score

They are still showing full size runs in their e-store... is it a different situation when using the red phone?

It says they'll ship 10.31.2011 in my size on their website. I have no idea about the red phone, i don't have a JCrew in my area..

Xhale12

Reaction score
Anyone?
Does anyone have a pair of the slim fit chino's? Do they stretch like jeans or will they shrink? How do these look on me size wise? They have not been washed nor worn more than a minute so take that into consideration.

Last edited:

anonymouz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look fine. Some might favor more of a taper but it's up to you. Cotton pants typically shrink with a wash, especially a hot one, and also in the dryer, if you use one. If you don't want them to shrink, cold wash them and don't put them in the drier. They'll stretch a little when you wear them but probably not as drastically as some denim.

pseudonym

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If anyone is looking for cheap wingtips they just put the brown Gifford ones up on the sale for the extra 30% off. I believe they come down to around 125$ after the discount.

Quality of J. Crew leather shoes (non-Alden) is pretty shoddy, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.

I remember reading a couple of posts in the old J. Crew topics that mentioned how the soles would fall off after ~3 weeks of wear.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads