• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J. Crew Fall/Winter 2011 Discussion

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No kidding - it's killing me that there are still pairs of shell captoes in my size in stock. The suede plain-toes I ordered on Sunday (and got a price adjustment for) are out for delivery today though!

Well one thing is if you click on J. Crew in good company and click Alden, not all shoes show up. The ones that do only have one model left.

pokey07

Reaction score
You have no idea how badly I want those Alden Suede Chukkas, but something is telling me to not spend $350 on shoes right now...

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently picked up a couple pairs of the J Crew Fair Isle merino blend camp socks on sale. They're not nearly as thick as the cotton camp socks, but are much softer and quite warm. My feet were cozy walking across campus in 25F this morning. If they had more of these in solid colors or stripes, I'd definitely buy more.

Last edited:

brozek

Reaction score

Well one thing is if you click on J. Crew in good company and click Alden, not all shoes show up. The ones that do only have one model left.

No - it's killing me that the shell captoes *are* still available, since I just spent $350 on the suede pair and it's going to be many moons before I can spend that much again. It would be easier to swallow if my size was sold out.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That 25% off + the student discout via Red Phone must be killer. Wish I had cash to throw around. I've been wanting to pick up the English wool Ludlow Tweed suit for a month now.

On second thought, if anyone wants to buy my PBJs in my sig, then I will.

Last edited:

Philip

Reaction score
wow i can not believe those Alden grain longwings are still in stock in my size. Unfortunately even with the discount and free shipping the price for proxy and intl shipping puts it just under 400 :(. How about i just buy them for someone in America to enjoy

Quinn123

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right thread, but has anyone had any experience with the MacAlister boot? In terms of sizing, does it run true, or do the boots run large like Clarks Desert Boots. I've heard they are slimmer and more narrow, but I'm guessing this wouldn't make them that much smaller. Any help is appreciated.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure if this is the right thread, but has anyone had any experience with the MacAlister boot? In terms of sizing, does it run true, or do the boots run large like Clarks Desert Boots. I've heard they are slimmer and more narrow, but I'm guessing this wouldn't make them that much smaller. Any help is appreciated.

Yeah size down .5 or 1. They are kinda slim so I only sized down .5 since I have wide feet. Size down 1 probably is the best for most people

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I recently picked up a couple pairs of the J Crew Fair Isle merino blend camp socks on sale. They're not nearly as thick as the cotton camp socks, but are much softer and quite warm. My feet were cozy walking across campus in 25F this morning. If they had more of these in solid colors or stripes, I'd definitely buy more.

yea they need some better colors for those.

Quinn123

Reaction score

Yeah size down .5 or 1. They are kinda slim so I only sized down .5 since I have wide feet. Size down 1 probably is the best for most people

I'm an 8.5 in chucks, 9.5 in most Nikes and a 9 in Keds Champion. Would you suggest getting an 8, 8.5 or 9?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm an 8.5 in chucks, 9.5 in most Nikes and a 9 in Keds Champion. Would you suggest getting an 8, 8.5 or 9?

I don't wear any of those shoes but search this thread or the desert / chukka boot thread and people with Chucks have said what fits best for them

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads