• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ITT we mock Kanye West's 10 Essentials

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Luddite
Perfect example of a bad mixture. If I saw someone here wearing a (very short) suit with no tie and sweet kicks, if I felt like being harsh and hurting feelings, I'd say it looked ridiculous, because I think it's a rubbish fit.

Looks good to me

boozingalcoholic

Reaction score
There's no denying the guy's genius at production. He's good at producing hits.

Autotune is lame. Rappers need to stop trying to sing.

I like to separate the two, fashion and music, especially when it comes to Kanye. I don't buy that he's fashion forward or anything above what's popular. He's a regurgitation of gross 80's fashion that happened to mate with tackey "high end" houses. That boy is lucky. We all know he used his popularity to leverage into fashion. He didn't earn it.

I liked Pharrell's collabos. At least his stuff had direction. And he's a much better dresser.

The Yeezy kicks:They're ugly.

I'm waiting for a big shot in the fashion world to say what we're all thinking.

I love haterade.

EDIT:
I'm sorry. I just threw a huge B fit. It was a lot of pent up animosity.

toothsomesound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Luddite
Perfect example of a bad mixture. If I saw someone here wearing a (very short) suit with no tie and sweet kicks, if I felt like being harsh and hurting feelings, I'd say it looked ridiculous, because I think it's a rubbish fit.
lulz. Here we go again... I think Pharrel's style is very legit. NERD is pretty fun too.

Arethusa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by London
Kanye is a pop artist, who risked being black listed and put his career on the line to speak his beliefs. Name one artist would the level of fame that he has, that would do this now or days.
AAAAAAAAAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAoh my.
Originally Posted by octopandda
The Dixie Chicks!
Flawless victory.

mdeep1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by boozingalcoholic
There's no denying the guy's genius at production. He's good at producing hits.

Autotune is lame. Rappers need to stop trying to sing.

I like to separate the two, fashion and music, especially when it comes to Kanye. I don't buy that he's fashion forward or anything above what's popular. He's a regurgitation of gross 80's fashion that happened to mate with tackey "high end" houses. That boy is lucky. We all know he used his popularity to leverage into fashion. He didn't earn it.

I liked Pharrell's collabos. At least his stuff had direction. And he's a much better dresser.

The Yeezy kicks:They're ugly.

I'm waiting for a big shot in the fashion world to say what we're all thinking.

I love haterade.

EDIT:
I'm sorry. I just threw a huge B fit. It was a lot of pent up animosity.

this post about sums it all up

gaymafia

Reaction score
Methinks a lot of you are jealous of Kanye and his disposable income. And if I may add, the Louis Vuitton monogramouflage Keepall is great. I have one and have worn it a few times and everyone seems to love it and stare. There is nothing wrong with his essentials list, but I do think his LV sneakers look ugly.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, this thread has gone to ****.

Why don't ya'll start mocking my 10 essentials? They suck!

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn enough people! Just shut up and listen to whatever you like whether it's Kanye, Talib Kweli, El-P, Showbiz or AG.

I don't think Kanye dresses bad I just think people want to hate what he's wearing because his ****** personality.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
Hey OP, post your favourite artist so we can **** all over their fashion choices - if you listen to any kind of indie rock or anything like that this should be an easy game
stirpot.gif

Oh I don't think there's anything to mock here
417447.jpg

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And look what happened to the Dixie Chicks. They got black listed, and their career was damn near terminated. They haven't had the same level of coverage or fame since then.

somatoform

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And look what happened to the Dixie Chicks. They got black listed, and their career was damn near terminated. They haven't had the same level of coverage or fame since then.

How does this help your argument?

Pangolin

Reaction score

Which obviously shows that the Dixie Chicks were much more dangerous than Kanye West for them to have been "blacklisted" and "terminated". Now, that's a model I want to follow. Do they have a list of 10 essentials I could purchase?

London

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It helps my argument, because he put his career on the line. He was lucky that the same thing did not happen to him.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads