• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is tracking on B&S common procedure?

Stillmaticbeat

Reaction score
I thought it was common knowledge that when you pay and someone ships out something to you they will have put tracking on it. Is this something I made up?

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
It's a private transaction, that's up to you to confirm with the seller, along with everything else. Until you are in full agreement on all terms no money should exchange hands..

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it's a big deal to you, you should confirm with the seller before shipment. I know as a buyer I don't really care if there's tracking or not, as long as I get my item, and I'd say >50% of the people who ship items to me never give me tracking information. If it's cheaper for them to send it without tracking, I'd rather not pay the extra money.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Most of the sells will atomically add a tracking number. But for some mail/envelop/packages, you have NO choice to add tracking. Really depends on the service.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always add tracking and I pretty much expect it. Are people shipping things that aren't USPS priority? You get free boxes, free tracking, and you just print it out and drop it in a box or have them pick it up.

lmaozedong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I always add tracking and I pretty much expect it. Are people shipping things that aren't USPS priority? You get free boxes, free tracking, and you just print it out and drop it in a box or have them pick it up.

I ship small items like t-shirts, button downs, etc. via those Priority Mail flat rate envelopes when it's going international. It's a pretty significant difference in price, like $15 vs. $30 oftentimes. Always works for me, and I figure buyers appreciate the lower prices I can sell things at, too.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've sold about 15 or so items on B&S over the last 3-4 months and I've added tracking and sent the number to the buyer every time. But to each their own, I've also bought a few things here and the seller doesn't always add tracking...definitely something you should iron out before paying if you are expecting it.

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I ship small items like t-shirts, button downs, etc. via those Priority Mail flat rate envelopes when it's going international. It's a pretty significant difference in price, like $15 vs. $30 oftentimes. Always works for me, and I figure buyers appreciate the lower prices I can sell things at, too.

Plus, if you print it at home, you don't really need to accurately put the weight. For shirts I always put 1 lb and it comes out to about 4.95 shipped everywhere in the US, 2-3 days.

snake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always do tracking. Provides to a certain degree a proof of shipment/delivery and peace of mind for both parties. **** what is it, like 70 cents conus? com'on

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah I always have tracking. It's free online or 70 cents in person. Really a no-brainer as you protect yourself as a seller. For Canada I normally don't do registered mail, Europe/Asia I do (~$11, buyer usually pays)

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I always do tracking. Provides to a certain degree a proof of shipment/delivery and peace of mind for both parties. **** what is it, like 70 cents conus? com'on

This.

It is usually no more than a dollar so i dont know why someone wouldnt buy it

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

If it's a big deal to you, you should confirm with the seller before shipment. I know as a buyer I don't really care if there's tracking or not, as long as I get my item, and I'd say >50% of the people who ship items to me never give me tracking information. If it's cheaper for them to send it without tracking, I'd rather not pay the extra money.

This.
It is usually no more than a dollar so i dont know why someone wouldnt buy it

It free or under a buck, but problem is some type of service USPS provided does not have an option to track.

ImaPro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are getting payed with paypal, buy tracking end of story.

89andy

Reaction score
I think this issue comes up more when its international, not really when its within United States. Even shipping from Canada to States with tracking # adds significant cost.

aaaeeeiiiooouuu

Reaction score
i always provide tracking, and i sort of expect it on the seller's behalf to provide me w/ tracking

but if it's an inexpensive item, i suppose it isn't that big of a deal if no tracking is included

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads