Is tracking on B&S common procedure?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Stillmaticbeat, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Stillmaticbeat

Stillmaticbeat Senior member

I thought it was common knowledge that when you pay and someone ships out something to you they will have put tracking on it. Is this something I made up?

2. tween_spirit

tween_spirit Senior member

It's a private transaction, that's up to you to confirm with the seller, along with everything else. Until you are in full agreement on all terms no money should exchange hands..

3. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

If it's a big deal to you, you should confirm with the seller before shipment. I know as a buyer I don't really care if there's tracking or not, as long as I get my item, and I'd say >50% of the people who ship items to me never give me tracking information. If it's cheaper for them to send it without tracking, I'd rather not pay the extra money.

4. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Most of the sells will atomically add a tracking number. But for some mail/envelop/packages, you have NO choice to add tracking. Really depends on the service.

5. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

I always add tracking and I pretty much expect it. Are people shipping things that aren't USPS priority? You get free boxes, free tracking, and you just print it out and drop it in a box or have them pick it up.

6. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

I ship small items like t-shirts, button downs, etc. via those Priority Mail flat rate envelopes when it's going international. It's a pretty significant difference in price, like $15 vs. $30 oftentimes. Always works for me, and I figure buyers appreciate the lower prices I can sell things at, too.

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I've sold about 15 or so items on B&S over the last 3-4 months and I've added tracking and sent the number to the buyer every time. But to each their own, I've also bought a few things here and the seller doesn't always add tracking...definitely something you should iron out before paying if you are expecting it.

8. g transistor

g transistor Senior member

Plus, if you print it at home, you don't really need to accurately put the weight. For shirts I always put 1 lb and it comes out to about 4.95 shipped everywhere in the US, 2-3 days.

9. snake

snake Senior member

I always do tracking. Provides to a certain degree a proof of shipment/delivery and peace of mind for both parties. Shit what is it, like 70 cents conus? com'on

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012

10. stevent

stevent Senior member

Yeah I always have tracking. It's free online or 70 cents in person. Really a no-brainer as you protect yourself as a seller. For Canada I normally don't do registered mail, Europe/Asia I do (~$11, buyer usually pays)

11. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

This.

It is usually no more than a dollar so i dont know why someone wouldnt buy it

12. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

It free or under a buck, but problem is some type of service USPS provided does not have an option to track.

13. ImaPro

ImaPro Senior member

If you are getting payed with paypal, buy tracking end of story.

14. 89andy

89andy Senior member

I think this issue comes up more when its international, not really when its within United States. Even shipping from Canada to States with tracking # adds significant cost.

15. aaaeeeiiiooouuu

aaaeeeiiiooouuu Senior member

i always provide tracking, and i sort of expect it on the seller's behalf to provide me w/ tracking

but if it's an inexpensive item, i suppose it isn't that big of a deal if no tracking is included