• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is this suit hideous?

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
12_12_sb.JPG
b2_12_sb.JPG
Single button, low button stance, peak lapel, glenplaid? Â Look at the pockets on the pants...never seen anything like that before. Â I dunno, I kind of like it, kind of hate it. Â Who can wear this, and to where? Your thoughts?

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i like it, and the button stance doesn't look too low to me, at least not in the picture. cool pants.

philosophe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice going-out suit to me. Obviously not to any really stuffy event.... The pants make it a suit for someone thin.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Wear it with a burnt orange wool turtleneck and hang the jacket on the chair while playing chess with your love interest/investigator. Be sure to have split screen effects with you in a dune buggy and then a long scene of you smoking a cigar by yourself, laughing your ass off about your successful heist.

Personally, I like it. The pockets are a little weird, but you don't see them much anyway.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think it's very cool with some interesting touches. Are the pants pretty fitted around the butt and thighs? I imagine it would be. Looks like something Prada would've copied around 2001 or so.

Wear it when you are feeling like a real hep cat. BTW, who is the maker anyway?

amirrorcrackd

Reaction score
Wear it with a burnt orange wool turtleneck and hang the jacket on the chair while playing chess with your love interest/investigator. Be sure to have split screen effects with you in a dune buggy and then a long scene of you smoking a cigar by yourself, laughing your ass off about your successful heist.

Personally, I like it. The pockets are a little weird, but you don't see them much anyway.
Oh, and it helps if you're Steve McQueen.

Dan

nupton

Reaction score
I like it, esp. with that shirt and tie combo. Button is definitely not too low for a single-button suit, and the pattern looks fine. Only thing I'm not sure about is those pockets, but the jacket should cover them anyway. I suppose they're more convenient to access while driving than side-pockets.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey, that is pretty slick. as someone else pointed out, looks like the small white label on the sleeve that brioni uses-- are we correct? if so, I'd say it is a VERY slick suit, and I bet you'll get lots of complements on it; very mod 60s cool.

aybojs

Reaction score
I like the pattern, and I think the jacket looks nice, albeit a little forward. However, the pockets kill the pants for me. I just can't comprehend non-jeans pants with front pockets instead of side ones.

Renault78law

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, you guys are good. Yes, it's Brioni.

Everyone likes it, huh? Ok then, thanks to your comments, I'm now the new owner of the above suit. Hope I love it. If not, one of you better buy it off me.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wear it on your first day of work at the law firm when you drive up in your CLK 430. Â I guarantee that the partners will know who you are rather quickly.
biggrin.gif
I like the suit, but would be concerned about how the color goes with your complexion. Â Let us know how that works out.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
12_12_sb.JPG
b2_12_sb.JPG
Single button, low button stance, peak lapel, glenplaid? Â Look at the pockets on the pants...never seen anything like that before. Â I dunno, I kind of like it, kind of hate it. Â Who can wear this, and to where? Â Your thoughts?
no

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Not hideous. The buttoning point could be higher
wink.gif
but definitely not hideous.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads