1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 11: Any Three (3) Customized Ties from Vanda Fine Clothing

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 11th auction of the year is for any three customized ties from Vanda Fine Clothing. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Is this suit hideous?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Renault78law, Mar 23, 2005.

1. Renault78law

Renault78law Distinguished Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] Single button, low button stance, peak lapel, glenplaid? Â Look at the pockets on the pants...never seen anything like that before. Â I dunno, I kind of like it, kind of hate it. Â Who can wear this, and to where? Your thoughts?

2. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Distinguished Member

i like it, and the button stance doesn't look too low to me, at least not in the picture. cool pants.

3. philosophe

philosophe Distinguished Member

Looks like a nice going-out suit to me. Obviously not to any really stuffy event.... The pants make it a suit for someone thin.

4. j

j (stands for Jerk) Admin

Wear it with a burnt orange wool turtleneck and hang the jacket on the chair while playing chess with your love interest/investigator. Be sure to have split screen effects with you in a dune buggy and then a long scene of you smoking a cigar by yourself, laughing your ass off about your successful heist.

Personally, I like it. The pockets are a little weird, but you don't see them much anyway.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Personally, I think it's very cool with some interesting touches. Are the pants pretty fitted around the butt and thighs? I imagine it would be. Looks like something Prada would've copied around 2001 or so.

Wear it when you are feeling like a real hep cat. BTW, who is the maker anyway?

6. von Rothbart

von Rothbart Distinguished Member

7. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Senior Member

Oh, and it helps if you're Steve McQueen.

Dan

8. nupton

nupton Member

I like it, esp. with that shirt and tie combo. Button is definitely not too low for a single-button suit, and the pattern looks fine. Only thing I'm not sure about is those pockets, but the jacket should cover them anyway. I suppose they're more convenient to access while driving than side-pockets.

9. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Distinguished Member

hey, that is pretty slick. as someone else pointed out, looks like the small white label on the sleeve that brioni uses-- are we correct? if so, I'd say it is a VERY slick suit, and I bet you'll get lots of complements on it; very mod 60s cool.

10. aybojs

aybojs Senior Member

I like the pattern, and I think the jacket looks nice, albeit a little forward. However, the pockets kill the pants for me. I just can't comprehend non-jeans pants with front pockets instead of side ones.

11. zjpj83

zjpj83 Distinguished Member

12. Renault78law

Renault78law Distinguished Member

Hey, you guys are good. Yes, it's Brioni.

Everyone likes it, huh? Ok then, thanks to your comments, I'm now the new owner of the above suit. Hope I love it. If not, one of you better buy it off me.

13. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Distinguished Member

Wear it on your first day of work at the law firm when you drive up in your CLK 430. Â I guarantee that the partners will know who you are rather quickly. [​IMG] I like the suit, but would be concerned about how the color goes with your complexion. Â Let us know how that works out.

14. ernest

ernest Distinguished Member

no

15. Manton

Manton RINO Dubiously Honored

Not hideous. The buttoning point could be higher [​IMG] but definitely not hideous.